Good Luck

Abby laid on the porch swing, it creaked softly with each sway. Four long months had passed without a call or even a visit from Nick. Sadness had completely taken over and if it were up to her she'd be laying down on her bed. Annie had insisted on getting out of bed and getting some sun before the doctor's appointment. Lately, Annie was always making sure that Abby wasn't moping around the house.

"Hello." Henry tipped his hat and took a seat next to her. Lifting her legs and placing them on his lap.

"Hi." She smiled.

Henry was one of her closest friends and they had dated for almost two years, until she'd found him in the barn with one of Annie's friends. It had taken her months to get over it and finally be able to speak to him. Things weren't the same, but he was always there for her. His hazel eyes tried to read hers, but she looked away.

"Don't do that!" She exclaimed.

He grinned, "Don't do what?"

"That whole trying to read my thoughts...I know you do that all the time. I'm fine." She lied.

"Whatever." He mumbled. "So, I still can't believe you are having a baby." He placed his hand over her stomach.

"I know. Sometimes I don't either."

He nodded. "I know you want to seem happy, but I can see the sadness in your eyes, Abigail."

Abby smiled at him and sighed. "I wish it was all happiness. I hurt people with the decisions I made last summer. I haven't talked to my dad and Nick..."

His eyebrows raised in question. "That's his loss."

"Why doesn't it feel that way? I miss him...a lot...and I don't want to have this baby alone."

He moved his hand over her small bump and looked her straight in the eyes. "You aren't alone, Abigail. You have your mother, sister and all of us. You have me." He smiled.

The door flew open and out waltzed Annie. "Alright let's get to this appointment."

Abby and Henry both laughed at a flustered Annie. Henry helped Abby back into her boots and helped her up. He waved them off and watched as the girls disappeared down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this is a smart move?" AJ questioned dragging one of Nick's bags through the LAX.

Nick spun around and they collided into each other. "No. I'm not sure about it, but the truth is I fucked up because I should have left that one day. I let the jealousy and my anger get the best of me."

"Three whole months later...after no writing, calling or anything? She's going to throw that door right in your face."

"Thanks AJ for your encouragement. Seriously."

"Think of it as preparation. I'm preparing you for the worst."

Nick glared over at AJ. "What was I supposed to think? I asked her dad and he confirmed that Henry was her boyfriend...I didn't want to face it. Now...I Just...can't stop thinking about her and I'm going crazy and I have to see her. Even if she's with him or whatever."

AJ shrugged, "I get you, bro. What happens if she is?"

Nick swallowed hard and sighed. "Then I have to face it or fight for her."

"You can't fight! And I'm pretty sure that cowboys know how to get down in bar brawls."

Nick shook his head. "Do you ever take anything serious?"

"I'm serious! How many times have you fought anyone?"

The flight was announced and Nick quickened his pace through the airport. "Just wish me luck and shut up, AJ."