Come With Me

Nick couldn't apologize enough as he passed the mashed potatoes at the table. "I'm so sorry!"

"Oh, honey don't worry. Someone always blows one up every year." Mrs. Hunter gave him a reassuring smile, but he knew it was a bunch of bullshit.

The freaks come out at night. The freaks come out at night. hut...hut...hut...

Nick's phone sang, he felt warmth creep through his body and settled at his cheeks. Quickly he pushed the 'end' button and gave everyone a nervous smile. Everyone looked at each other and continued to pass the food around.

The freaks come out at night. The freaks come out at night. hut...hut...hut...

His phone went off again and this time he took it in his hands, scooted out the chair and excused himself from the table. "I'm sorry, it's AJ my friend." He walked into the living room.

"Hello!"

"I know your bitch ass isn't ignoring my calls."

"AJ, I'm in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Aren't you?"

"Did you forget that Ro doesn't cook."

"Bananas!"

"She'll eat that later." AJ snickered.

Nick growled. "That's just too much info. What the hell is going on? Is the building on fire...are you dying?"

"No. But the monkey is having a hard time with the hours I spend at the gym and she said that I have till tomorrow. You will have to find someone else, dude. I'm sorry. Just grab the girl and come home."

"I don't think it's going to be that easy. Plus, she's pregnant."

"Oh crap! Yours?"

"Yes, of course!" He stated confidently, remembering that just yesterday he thought it was the cowboys.

"Congratulations man."

"Uh...thanks dude. Alright well hang in there and I will head back tomorrow."

"Cool. Talk then."

Nick pushed the button to end the call and groaned. He was out of time.

"You were gonna leave tomorrow and not tell me?"

Nick spun around startled, "What? No..."

"There you go lying..." Abby turned around and rushed through the dining room, through the kitchen and out the backdoor.

"Abigail!" He rushed after her.

Nick was right behind Abby as she made her way out into the fields in the dark.

"Abby, would you wait!"

"Just go back home! You should leave right now!"

"Stop! Abby..." He carefully grabbed her arm and brought her to a stop. "Would you stop acting like a brat and hear me out?"

She stopped and glared up at him, crossing her arms over her chest. "I thought we were done with the games and lies, Nick?"

Nick's frustration was apparent as he stood with his hands on his hips and his mouth in a straight line. "I didn't come here to play games Abby. Yet, I wrestled down a pig and managed to blow up a lawnmower...all for you to realize that I will do anything to have you back. But somehow I know that's not enough for you and I'm not sure how to convince you of that...I'm still in love with you." He stopped to let out a deep breath and wait for her reaction.

"I just...I thought we'd have time to work this out. That you would be here more time. Now, you are leaving tomorrow and you didn't bother telling me."

He ran a hand over his face. "I don't know what you want from me, Abby?" Nick threw his hands up in the air.