The Truth

Abby struggled trying to buckle her heels. She was tired from a very stressful day and was worried about Tiffany who had been moping around the house. A loud crashing sound made her jump and she scowled as she watched a rather drunk Nick climbing through her window. He was dressed up, but looked like he'd just gotten out of bed. Half his shirt was tucked in, his tie was in his pocket and his hair was everywhere.

"What the hell are you doing?" She questioned helping him.

He looked up and his eyes were bloodshot and his breath reeked of alcohol. "The wedding is off! I called it off with...that bitch!"

"Have you been crying? I mean, if you need to get married you shouldn't call it off."

"What? I don't cry. I hate her...I hate her with all my guts." He looked Abby over and plopped onto the bed. "You look good." Nick slurred.

"Thank you. Nick, you can't be in here."

Nick took Abby's hand and pulled her towards him. She stood in-between his legs and raised her brows in question. "Tiffany had an...she...she had an abortion."

It felt like someone had just stabbed Abby in the stomach when she heard the words slurred from Nick's mouth. She couldn't believe it. Her instinct was to hug him and he clung on to her. There was a knock and they both gawked at the door in horror.

"You have to get out of here. Hide in the closet." She pulled him to his feet. Someone knocked again. She pushed him towards the closet and walked towards the door.

"Wait..." He whispered. She spun around and looked at him questionably. "I'm sorry...just...remember that I really care about you."

Abby looked at him with a confused look and just nodded. He hopped into the closet and she ran to open the door.

"What the hell woman. We need to get downstairs, Tiffany is having a freakin heart attack. Her fiancé apparently called it off and he hasn't shown up." Abby turned to look back into her room and towards the closet. She knew damn well where Tiffany's fiancé was.

The door closed and a few seconds later Nick stumbled out the closet. He sighed heavily and wiped away the tears in his eyes. It pissed him off that he was so affected by something that Tiffany had done to him. He took a seat on the bed again and laid back waiting to sober up a little bit. Then he remembered the bottle he'd set down by the bed. Clumsily he reached out to grab it. He flopped onto his stomach and struggled to guzzle it down.

Abby wiped her sweaty palms on her black dress; taking a deep breath as she smiled at Tiffany. "Sorry, I couldn't decide on what to wear." She saw traces of tears in Tiffany's eyes. "Are you ok?"

"Not really. I can't get a hold of Nick. We had an argument and he just got up and left." Her voice was shaky.

Abby didn't have much of an answer for Tiffany. She knew most of the story and quite frankly she didn't feel sorry for her. How could she get rid of their child; especially without telling Nick. Not only had she cheated on him, but she'd kept him in the dark about being pregnant. Then it hit her...maybe the baby wasn't even Nick's.

"Don't worry about it, Abby. Come on, let's just enjoy ourselves." Tiffany placed an arm around Abby's shoulders and they both walked out to meet the crowd of people.

Everyone mingled for a bit and then Katherine announced that dinner was ready and the table was set. They all headed out from the patio and into the house. A crashing sound startled everyone and they all stopped to see what was the commotion.

"Nick?" Tiffany shouted.

Nick struggled to keep his balance and looked around at everyone. "Sthorrry I'm late..."