Really Bad Day

Abby stood watching Annie get her dress fitted again. According to the seamstress she'd gained a bit of weight, because her dress was too tight from the butt. Abby was amused. Annie not so much.

"We can always go on a diet together." Abby voiced trying to make her sister feel better.

Annie glared at her younger sister. "Are you making fun of me?"

"No. I'm serious. Anyways, what are you so worried about? You went up to a size eight."

"It's a big deal. I don't want to be fat, no offense."

Abby rolled her eyes, "Technically I'm not fat...I'm thick."

"Thick headed." They both giggled. "So, how is it going with the wedding planning? God! You are so lucky to get to hang out with the hot groom. Is he cool?"

Abby's mind drifted off thinking about Nick and how he was much more than cool. He was sweet and funny. Handsome and gentle. He was the groom...that broke her thoughts.

"Yes, he's cool."

"I bet he is...besides he's so hot! Anyways, I overheard Katherine and dad planning to have a dinner party for Tiffany and the whole gang she works with sometime this week. I'm calling dibs on the hot boss." Annie smiled.

"Yeah. I must admit he's quite the looker. He just seems...I dunno...pretty sly to me."

"I like sly." Annie sighed dramatically. Making them both burst into laughter. Abby was happy that her usually grumpy sister was in a good mood.

Annie stepped down from the platform and traded places with her sister. Abby hated the fact she was still trying on a dress for Nick's wedding. This didn't give her a good feeling at all. On the bright side she was excited she had a lunch date with Charlie's parents right after the fitting. Although she wondered what they could be doing far away from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh come on! I know I was a jerk and I wasn't there when you needed me and I said some awful things to you. But you are my best man...my best friend. I'm really sorry, Brian. I need you to come back, dude."

Brian stared at nothing as he watched Nick plead. "Nick, it's not just that. I have a lot of things on my plate and really I don't deserve to be your best man."

Nick looked at Brian a bit puzzled. "Why wouldn't you deserve it?"

Brian looked around the room and then at Nick. "You know...I don't have the time."

"Oh. I understand. Then at least come back to the apartment."

"Yeah. No, I would rather go back home. I need to go back home. I've messed up a lot of things lately and I just need to go back home and start all over again." He threw a hand on Nick's shoulder, "but you will always be my best friend. I just need to do this for myself. I hope you understand."

Nick wasn't too happy about Brian's sudden decision to move away, but he respected it. "Alright. Just keep in touch, alright." They embraced quickly and then Brian was gone.

Nick let out a heavy sigh. So many things had changed in the span of two weeks. It seemed that all his relationships were in a rocky state. His best friend had just left. His fiancé was postponing the wedding. And now he was adding Abby to the equation; although things with her were going good. He just didn't know for how long.

Speaking of Abby he was having withdrawals, he'd had to let her go from the airport yesterday and hadn't heard or seen her yet. He took the phone out of his pocket and dialed quickly; put the phone to his ear and smiled when someone picked up on the other line.