Calla Lilies

"Dude, I'm running late!" Nick looked at his watch for the tenth time. He knew that Abby was waiting for him and she would most likely be pissed off. The meeting had stretched out a whole extra hour.

Howie rolled his eyes and smacked Nick with the folder. "Listen, this is work related. What's more important?

Nick didn't really think either one of them were important. If it were up to him; he would have married Tiffany in a barn or the ocean front without anyone around. That would have been a million times better than all the money and energy that was being put into one stressful day; that no one would end up appreciating anyway. As for the modeling gig, he would have loved to tell Howie to shove it up his ass.

"They are both important. I'm sorry, but is it possible that I can leave now?" The sarcasm was apparent as he questioned his manager.

"Get out of here...sheesh. Don't forget PETA Monday at nine."

Monday at nine. He made a mental note and then cringed when he remembered that his appointment with the transportation was at noon. He couldn't miss it. Tiffany would flip. With a deep sigh he told himself to deal with it when the day came. He rushed to his truck and revved the engine and sped away towards the flower shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you waiting for your fiancé?" The young blonde woman asked Abby as she saw her pacing the room.

Abby chuckled and nodded her head. "Oh no. He's my sister's fiancé. He's just running late."

"If you like...I can show you around. There is so much to look at while you wait." The blonde suggested.

It wasn't such a bad idea. At least she wouldn't be standing there like a moron just pacing around. The blonde wasn't lying about having so much to see. In the hall entrance there had been a huge arch made out of red and white roses and all types of flowers covered the sides. Abby wondered how they kept so many flowers alive.

"Ok!" She grinned and followed the woman into another room. "Holy..." Her eyes widened as they tried to follow the rows of different flowers. There were bright, neon, soft, and bold colors all over the place. Her eyes fixed on the row of calla lilies that sat in a far corner, they were shooting out of the large flower pot.

The bell rang announcing a customer and the blonde excused herself to check. Abby quickly made way towards the flowers she'd been eyeing. She couldn't believe how beautiful they were and how perfectly they would match the dresses she had been able to convince the other bridesmaids to use. Carefully she bent over to take in the delicate scent of her favorite flower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick had rushed into the store almost knocking over a large pot of marigolds right in the entrance. He'd apologized to the blonde as he entered. "I'm supposed to meet someone here and I'm really late."

The blonde grinned and motioned with her hand and head for him to follow her. They walked down the hallway and through one room and into another. "Wow...that's a lot of flowers." He muttered looking around. His eyes settled on Abby who he recognized right away. She was bent over talking to herself or the flowers; he wasn't sure. Nick smiled remembering that one conversation they'd had over flowers, if only she knew he'd brought it up to get an idea on flowers for his wedding.

He walked over and stood behind her; she was so engrossed in the colorful flowers she hadn't noticed him standing there. "Calla lilies aren't they? I remember you said they were your favorite!"

Startled to feel Nick so close to her and whispering in her ear she spun around and backed away. "You remembered."

"Why wouldn't I? We had this whole conversation on--"