Rude Boy

"Wow, this place is nice, but what are we doing here?"

Nick looked down at Abby, whose eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. She didn't seem herself today and it was really getting on his last nerve. He greeted a short muscular guy that had salt and pepper hair and introduced Abby. Then they headed towards the punching bags.

He grabbed some boxing gloves for Abby and himself and got to work helping her put them on. "I thought you could blow off some steam here."

"I don't even know how to box."

He'd finished up with her gloves and was now tying up his own. His tongue was peeking out from the side of his mouth as he concentrated. Which made Abby giggle a little.

"What's so funny?" He looked up and smiled. Abby felt a hot rush through her body as she looked deep into Nick's eyes. "Alright this is how you do this. Just stand here in front of the boxing bag." He stood closely behind her and took hold of her arms and commanded her to punch.

She threw a soft punch that didn't even move the bag. Nick laughed. "Uh...you have to do it hard, like this." He stood one foot in front of the other and one arm in front of his face and the other further away. He then punched and the bag swayed from one side to the other. "See...like that. Try again. I know you can do it."

Abby bit her lip and punched, the bag swayed. She smiled proudly and punched again and again. Nick watched as Abby punched the bag harder every time. His eyes traveled all over her body as she went crazy punching the crap out of the bag. Nick was in a trance, until Abby spun around to ask how she was doing.

"You were doing great. I think you are ready to box me!" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

She shook her head. "No way! You are gonna knock my teeth out and sometimes I think that's all I have going for me."

"You're butt...I mean...I'm gonna kick your butt. But I'll give you a chance to get me too. Come on!"

Abby was skeptical as she took the salt and peppered-haired man's hand and crouched under the rope. She felt so high on the platform and all eyes seemed to turn their way. Her heart was racing, more because of the attention they were getting, than the thought of boxing Nick.

Nick found Abby's face amusing. She seemed nervous and like she might throw up all over the ring. He jumped around like a real boxer and hit his gloves against each other. They'd put on helmets and mouthguards so speaking was a bit challenging.

The bell rang and they met in the middle. Nick was still jumping around and Abby was busy looking around the place. Nick waved her down and motioned to punch him. She nodded.

"Hit me first."

"No..."

"You are a wuss!" With that said Nick carefully punched her. His gloved hand landed on her boob and she yelped.

"That's my boob, Nick!"

His eyes sprang open and got close to her to apologize. "Shit I'm so--"

She swung and punched him on the side of the head. "OW! That's cheating!"

Then the swinging started. He'd punch. She'd punch. But no one would go down.

"Dude! You're letting a girl kick your ass!" Someone shouted.

Nick turned to glare at them. He hadn't fully turned when he felt the breath knocked out of him. He keeled over and groaned.

"Shit..." Abby took to steps towards him, watching as he fell to his knees. " Are you alright?" She bent down to his level. "Nick, say something."