Falling

Nick was drumming his fingers on the kitchen counter, he was tempted to go into her room and see if she was already awake. He thought that may be a bit rude. Instead, he bent down to fill Pixie's bowl with water and food. "I think I blew it this time, girl." He spoke to the dog that hopped on her hinds and squeaked at him. "Yeah, I know."

Suddenly there was a scream that echoed through the room. He sprinted off to Abby's room and without thinking swung the door open. Abby was pacing around with the sheet wrapped tightly around her body. She turned to look at Nick with a horror stricken look on her face.

"What? Are you alright? What happened?" Nick tried to catch his breath.

"Don't give me that look, Nick. Where the hell are my clothes? What happened last night?" Her hands flew to her face and she let out a yelp. "OH MY GOD!"

Nick debated on telling her the whole story about last night. Then again, he could just pretend that it never happened.

"Nick! Start talking..."

"Nothing happened last night. Well...I can't exactly say nothing, but we didn't...you know."

She let out a sigh. "Thank god!" Her eyes went wide. "Wait...what?"

"We didn't go all the way, anyway."

"What did we do?"

"You don't remember anything? You weren't that hammered? Or maybe you were." He looked up at the ceiling and then back at Abby. "It's not a big deal."

"Wait...I found Pixie. You forgot her when you got into the elevator and I took the other one. I was singing...Jesus...I was singing." Her cheeks turned red. "Then, I kissed you, didn't I?" Abby looked around hoping that the room would give her clues to remember what else had happened the night before. Her eyes fixed on the robe that lay on the floor at the foot of the bed.

"Oh shit! I took off my clothes and I...we..." She bit her lip and stormed to the bathroom slamming it behind her. The room spun around her as she leaned against the door. This was not happening to her. She knew they hadn't exactly done it...the deed. But, he'd touched her and even...

"It's not as bad as you think, Abby!" Nick shouted from the other side of the door. "I didn't really go there...it was kinda quick...just..."

She opened the door and pointed her finger at him. "Don't even say it."

"Okay. I wasn't going to say it. It was for like a minute..."

"Get out!" She grabbed him and pushed him out of the room.

"Wait...what the hell?"

"Nick...just get out!" She pushed him again and slammed her door and locked it. This wasn't happening to her, it was something she was trying to avoid all this time. Her heart was racing and her cheeks burning from the thought of what had happened last night. There was still a tinge of disappointment for what hadn't happened.

After a while of sitting on the bed and staring at the wall, she changed into her jeans and shirt and decided she had to face the world. She had to face Nick. Abby opened the door to find three pair of eyes looking at her.

"Hi." She muttered and walked over to grab Pixie off the floor.

"It's about time, woman. I'm starving, let's go." AJ smiled. He always seemed to be animated.

They all piled out of the suite leaving behind a gloomy Pixie, which Nick and Abby turned back to assure her they'd be right back. They both locked eyes and then Abby walked ahead.