Elizabeth

Nick was racing down the street, driving through red lights as carefully as he could. He was concerned he wouldn't make it on time. He rushed into the driveway of his new home and jumped out of the car; tripping on his way to the front door. Shakily he tried to find the right key. He cursed as he tried for the third time, finally he was inside and dashing down the hall.

"Abby!" He shouted entering their bedroom. No one was in sight. "Abby!" He flicked the lights on in the nursery, but there was no Abby.

"I'm in here!" She spoke up softly.

He stormed through the bathroom to find her taking a shower. She was rinsing like nothing.

"Baby you just called me that your water broke and now you're in the shower. I just ran all the red lights through Hollywood and left my ankle somewhere out in the front yard."

She giggled and continued to lather her enormous belly. "Well it broke. But I feel no pain. Then I got to thinking that who knows how many people are going to be there looking at my business...so I decided to shower." She smiled.

He was still trying to catch his breath. "Right! Yeah, that's good thinking." The sight of his girlfriend in the nude aroused him a bit.

"Are you having dirty thoughts, Mr. Carter?" She grinned.

Nick shook his head, "A little."

"Maybe, that will help the process."

"Uh...no...Abby!"

She finished with her shower and he carefully helped her out. Abby wrapped the towel around her body and walked towards the bedroom to get dressed. "It's your last chance. Nick, for the last time, you are not going to poke the baby."

"You don't know that. It's already way down there and no...I'm not doing it."

"Suit yourself." She got dressed. "I wonder if we are supposed to wait. I don't feel anything."

"Maybe we should just go there and wait." He pulled off his pants and dug around his drawer for another pair.

"No. My dad is the OB at the hospital right now and I really don't want him all up in there." Suddenly Abby bent over and let out a groan. "Ok...now there is pain."

"Abby, they will call our doctor. He can't treat you...something about conflict...whatever! Plus, I thought you two were working things out." Nick forgot about his pants and slipped his shoes back on. He ran around the room looking for the bag she was taking to the hospital.

Abby took a seat on the bed and started breathing hard, letting out small yelps with every contraction.

"We are...it's just...I wouldn't want my dad...to see me. Anyways, just because he bought us...this house, doesn't mean that everything is...forgotten. Oooh...you don't know my dad...with him...everything is superficial...aaaaaaah!"

"I found it!" Nick hollered, taking the bag out of the closet and slinging it over his shoulder. "Come on." He helped her off the bed and they slowly made their way towards the car, stopping for every contraction.

She took a seat in the car and he buckled her up. He threw the bag in the backseat and flew to his side and jumped in.

"Nick?"

"What is it?"

She smiled, "Um...you forgot to put on pants!"

He looked down at his bare legs, "Oh crap! Wait one second...don't have the baby in the car." He ran to the house and after a moment of frantic looking he came back out with his pants on. Nick got back in his seat, buckled up and revved the car. "Alright we are good to go."