Confused

Abby's cheeks burned as she recalled the night before. It had been a very pleasant, yet uncomfortable situation she'd been in. How was someone so endowed? She pressed down the ruffle on her skirt and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"So what, we're just gonna stand out here while the party goes on inside?" Annie stood with her arms crossed over her chest and her hip stuck out. She'd opted for a more half naked look. With a jean tube top and a tight black mini and as Abby called them 'hooker heels'.

She took a deep breath and nodded her head. "Ok...ok..."

"What is with you lately? It's like you blush out of the blue. Look at you, all red."

Abby felt the heat all over again. "Nothing. I'm just...nothing. Come on."

The twosome walked up to the door and she was about to knock when Brian swung the door open. "Oh hey. I thought you might not come." His eyes shifted over to Annie and then back at Abby.

"We like to be fashionably late." Annie smirked.

"Hi Brian. This is my sister Annie. This is Nick's best friend, Brian." She smiled widely and noticed a bit of a connection between her sister and Brian. They shook each other's hand.

"Well nice to meet you." Brian gave her a warm smile.

"Same here." She stated and walked into the house.

Brian motioned Abby to come in and he closed the door behind him. They all walked through the crowd of people and out the sliding doors. The place was crawling with people. They approached a group around the fireplace and saw Nick sitting in an oversized plush recliner. His eyes sprang open when he made eye contact with Abby.

Brian extended his hand and introduced Annie and Abby to the group around the fire. They all waved and continued with their conversations.

"Heeey!" Nick piped.

"Hi. Wow, it's cold out here." Abby shivered.

"Hi Nick." Annie gave Nick a goofy grin and a small wave.

"Hey Annie, you wanna get a drink?" Brian offered.

"Sure." She responded quickly and they both left Abby standing next to Nick.

He seemed to still be in shock, because he hadn't said another word. "Hi. Are you feeling better?" She felt the chill of the night again and hugged herself.

"I'm just surprised you are here."

"Oh. Um...the other night after you fell asleep. Brian and I were talking and he invited me."

"Really? You guys were talking?"

Besides the mortification of having to see Abby so soon after the whole rub down. He was slightly jealous. Jealous of the thought of Brian and Abby talking up a storm without him. Jealous that Brian had thought about inviting her and he'd totally forgotten. Could he really blame himself? It'd been a really pain-filled night. Poison oak mixed with blue balls sucked.

"Earth to Nick!" Abby waved a hand in his face. "I was saying that Brian is a really nice guy."

Nick didn't answer, he watched as Brian came back alone with a blanket in his hands. "Your sister found herself a friend inside. She said to call her when you are ready to leave. I brought you a blanket."

He stood behind her and helped her wrap the blanket around her body. "Thank you. You're so sweet."

"Oh what a gentlemen." Nick muttered.

"I am. Did you forget already?"

"Shut up" Nick's voice squeaked a little. He wanted to disappear Brian with a glare.