Pixie

"Alright you have to be good. I don't even know why the hell I brought you? Oh, yeah they are fumigating." A woman stared at Nick; who seemed to be talking to himself. "I can't believe I'm doing this. This messes with my manhood." Nick was holding tight to a large black leather Louis Vuitton bag that hung loosely from his shoulders.

He entered the bakery and was quickly greeted by the short older woman behind the counter. "Hello. You must be...Nick Carter."

Nick opened his mouth to speak. Squeak.

The woman looked at him a bit surprised and then her eyes narrowed on the bag. Squeak. Squeak. She tilted her head and smiled. She was hypnotized by the small beady eyes looking back at her. "Sir, you can't have dogs in here..."

"I know. Believe me this is NOT fun for me. I had no choice..."

Abby walked in, wiping her forehead. "I can't believe how hot it is out there." She fanned herself and looked from the lady to Nick and down at the bag. "What the heck is that?"

"It's a dog."

"Which he can't have in here." The woman stated.

Abby pursed her lips to stop from giggling. "I didn't know you had a dog. Actually, I didn't think of you as a toy dog...kinda guy." She couldn't hold it anymore and broke out in a chuckle.

Nick's eyebrows were scrunched up and his mouth was in a straight line. "Are you laughing at me? Hey, I couldn't just leave Pixie at home when they are fumigating."

Another burst of laughter erupted from Abby; she was holding her side. Her eyes traveled to the bag and out popped a fuzzy tan and beige colored snout, followed by a tiny face and beady eyes. Squeak.

Although she was laughing; she found it awfully cute that Nick would put his manliness aside and carry around a bag with a tiny dog in it.

Nick felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment. Truth was at first he hadn't wanted the itty bitty damn dog either. What was he supposed to do when his rather bubbly girlfriend had appeared at his house with a double gift that had turned out to be the man bag and a tiny puppy that fit in his hand. Damn the dog.

Abby rolled her eyes and then pointed at the outdoor patio. "Would it be ok if we do it outside?"

The woman shook her head and disappeared through a door behind the counter. Nick was smirking as he looked at Abby. "You're late!"

She turned her head and gave him a glare. "I was only a bit late...anyways, this is your wedding. Not mine."

The threesome took a seat outside. Nick sat the bag on the long table and took out the small tanned Pomeranian. She had pink bows on each of her ears, a pink t-shirt that read 'princess' on it and to top it off some pink boots. Nick tried to avoid eye contact with either of the women and pretended to browse through the catalog.

The older woman and Abby just smiled at each other and decided to make no comment. The woman began by talking about their most common designs and decorations. She spoke of Tiffany stopping by to let her know what designs and flavors she was interested in having.

"So, if you two will excuse me I will go prepare the cake slices for tasting. Excuse me." The woman swung the door open and walked out.

"Holy shit!" Nick muttered.

"What is it?" Abby asked, concerned.

"Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go to Wal-Mart and get a couple of white cakes and stack them up. Throw on some flowers and that little couple on the top." He looked around to see if anyone was listening. "This cake is 8,000 dollars. What's it made out of...gold?"