The Boss Man

Dr. Hunter knocked and then peaked his head into the room. Abby was sitting in her usual spot staring out the window. "Hey there, honey."

She smiled up at her dad. "Hi dad. It's a beautiful day."

"Yes, it is. I'm asking myself why you aren't out and about with your sisters or doing wedding stuff with the blonde model."

There was a pang deep in her heart. He was talking about Nick. "Well, the bride is back so they are going to finish up what they can this week."

Her dad shook his head and sat across from her and stared out the window too. "You look a bit sad. Do you miss home already?"

"Yes. I talked to mom and she's doing fine."

"I heard about Charlie. His parents called me today...I feel like I delivered him yesterday." Abby smiled, although she knew that she was somewhat of a failure to her dad. He always looked at her with proud eyes. "Maybe you should convince your mother to move back here."

"Dad you know she wont. Plus Annie has her students out there...it would be unfair to take mom from her. We all live together right now. Plus...I'm...I'm happy in Texas."

"Are you sure there isn't anything else bothering you?"

She smiled and shook her head, "Nope. I'm ok."

Dr. Hunter stood up and embraced his daughter and kissed the top of her head. "Alright. Oh...Tiffany said to get ready she'll be picking you up in an hour. You guys are going to see the band they might hire to play at the wedding." He shrugged and exited the room.

She sighed heavily and dreaded having to see Nick with Tiffany. This was going to be a very long night for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick felt like a woman with all his stupid excuses to keep from being intimate with Tiffany. He was afraid she would start to wonder and ask him what the hell was going on. What would he say? There wasn't an easy way to put it to Tiffany. A knock on the door startled him and he finished brushing his teeth.

The door opened and Tiffany peaked in. She smiled warmly and hugged him from behind. "I want to know what's going on, Nick?"

Nick turned around to face her and swallowed hard. "What do you mean?"

"You have been acting weird. You don't want to talk about the wedding and lately you don't even want to touch me."

"I'm just tired and stressed out, Tiffany. This is a lot to take in and you postponing the wedding doesn't really help. I just think that if you aren't ready to get married yet...with your career and all, then maybe we should wait."

Tiffany looked at him a bit puzzled by his request. "What? I never said I didn't want to get married. I just said I need a little more time." Her eyes looked him over and let out a pained laugh. "Wow...you've changed her mind. You are the one that doesn't want to get married. I'm so blind."

This was the chance for him to open his mouth and admit it. He didn't want to marry her. That he wanted the whole thing to be called off. Tiffany's big brown eyes looked up at him, they were filled with tears.

He walked out of the bathroom and towards the living room. "Nick...there is something I need to tell you."

"Alright...you said that the other day. I thought it was the whole work thing."

She bit the corner of her lip and nodded. "That was part of it. There is much more..."

Nick raised a brow.

"I did something..." Tiffany closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. Just as she opened her mouth Nick's front door opened and in waltzed AJ and Rochelle.