Apology Accepted

Abby came out of the restroom with a clean face and arms, but her hair was still sticky from the frosting. She smiled nervously as she took a seat in front of Nick, who was looking through the menu.

"Hey I see you cleaned up. I hope you like the place. It's one of my favorites." He gave her a nervous smile. "Plus, everyone loves Pixie here."

A tall blonde with a wide smile came to the table and greeted Nick warmly. She gave Abby a quick smile and then bent down.

"Who is a little princess? Yes...you are..." She took out the fuzzy dog that had cake matted on her fur. "What did you do to her?" The blonde smiled curling up the dog in her arms.

"I'll bring her back when you're done."

"Thanks. That would be great." Nick smiled and watched as the tall woman disappeared through the door.

Abby couldn't help the smile on her face. "Wow! Looks like Pixie isn't the only one loved."

"No way! We just...I know her..."

She shook her head, "I know what that means!"

"What?" He gave her an innocent look.

Abby rolled her eyes, "Oh please! You probably know her, like you know me." She focused her attention on the menu. It still frustrated her a bit to know what Nick had done or was doing.

Nick made a face, "As a matter of fact...NO! Anyways, I told you I had an explanation; maybe not for the way I acted towards you, but for what I did!" He sighed heavily when he saw Abby entranced with the menu. "I guess what I just said was a waste." He leaned back in his seat and took a sip of his water.

Abby looked up and sighed, "The way you acted towards me...doesn't really matter. What matters to me is that you're marrying Tiffany and I'm kinda leery about it."

"Join the club. I think everyone is leery about it. I...I love Tiffany and I proposed cause I believe she's the one...for me." His blue eyes were boring into Abby's as he said the words.

"That's all easy to say, Nick."

"It's true. Alright...you know what, if we are going to have to do this whole wedding thing together. We should at least make peace, don't you think?"

Abby pondered for a bit. Nick was right; they had a week and a half to go with the planning. "I agree...but I do deserve the explanation."

He rolled his eyes. The waiter approached them and asked if they were ready to order.

"Turkey clu--" They both said.

Nick smirked, "Two turkey clubs." The waiter shook his head, took the menus and walked away.

"I'm not gonna give you a whole story. I just want you to know that I didn't meet anyone else but you. It was all just a dumb test. I love Tiffany and that's why I'm marrying her. I hope you believe me."

Abby smiled even though deep down she was a bit disappointed. "I believe you. Just the fact that you are putting your dreams to the side for Tiffany to have an all-out wedding, really shows that you care...love her." She stirred her tea with her straw, her eyes on the swirling liquid. "We start with a clean slate today. There is still a bit of planning to go and we need to get along for it to get done right. Plus, we are gonna be related...in some way." She smiled.

He smiled back "I do love her. I also really want to apologize for that one night. I'm under a lot of pressure with this whole wedding thing and I had just had an argument with my agent."

"You don't have to apologize. I understand...I wasn't what you were expecting."

"Don't get me wrong; you are pretty and you have a--"