Chapter 10

"I..I.....I.....".

Late at night and the eyes of the little boy were soaked in tears while his whole body is shaking from fear and he covered his ears because of my scream.

I screamed for his help. Why won't he help me? I screamed again one last time.

"HELP!" 

But he won't, why? Why? Why?.

I can only hear him speaking to himself while his eyes were lifeless.

"This is not what I wanted it to be".

I blacked out and that's the only thing I remembered, I wanted to rest, but someone keeps on shouting my name. I wanted to open my eyes, but it feels like heavy weight is on my eyes.

"MEDEA!!".

"Medea!! Wake up".

I'm trying to wake up, ok.

Once again, the voice keeps on getting loud just for me to wake up. It became silent.

What's happening?.

I can hear my thoughts like I'm saying those words out, What's going on?.

"Medea".

And I woke up seeing Dion's face, and his hands holding my shoulders. He rested his head on my shoulder and talked near my ears.

"You were drenched with cold sweat and you won't wake up no matter what I do".

'His voice seems worried'.

I thought, he lifted his head and looked at my face.

"Did you have a nightmare?".

"I guess so".

I just replied but unsure about my dream. I can't really call it a nightmare since my life is already a living hell.

Dion sit next to Medea and a deep sigh went out his mouth.

"So you were also getting nightmares?".

Dion asked me.

"Yeah....how about you?".

"I can't call it a nightmare, but a strange dream. I very strange one".

I opened my mouth to ask what it is but Dion changed the subject quickly and got up from where he sat down.

"I saw a river while looking for a food, and luckily there are lots of fish".

He gave me the cooked fish that's on a  stick.

"..."

Medea looked at the fish, she was looking for marks on how he catch the fish.

But no marks, not a knife mark.

"How did you catch it? We Don't have a fishing rod".

But Medea just made her life easier and asked.

"I caught it by my bare hands".

"...."

Medea was speechless.

"That's why there's only two, since I'm not a master on catching fish by my hands".

"But still....how did you catch it?".

Medea was very amazed that the person sitting next to him can catch a wish by his bare hands.

"My father taught me, I was taught lots of things when I was kid, but more importantly I was taught how to fight back and kill a person".

Dion remembering about how he killed Roxana's brother when he kid and that memory is still every fresh from his head no Mather want.

"Have you killed a person when you were a kid?".

Medea asked, she just thought of it as a joke but Dion took it seriously and said yes which made her eyes widen and she was once again shock.

"What?".

"I was told to and I have no other choice".

"Where you ever traumatized of what you did?".

"If I remember it clearly, I was once but it became natural for me so I never felt anything on the battle field".

"That was until, I met you, I was shock to see a noble person sending his daughter on the battle field".

"Well....my dad did not actually send me, I escaped the house".

Medea confessed.

"What?".

And that made Dion shocked.

"Why will you even go there?".

"There was no improvements on the battle just many people died and I can't just sit still and do nothing when I am stronger than those knights".

".....You really are,".

"Is what?"

Medea asked, but Dion kept his mouth shut and once again change the subject.

"You said you wanted to go home right?".

"Yeah, after I prove to the people that I'm still Alive and to do that I have to do something to shocking".

"Well, I can help you with that".

Dion stand up and told Medea to come.

"Follow me, I'll show you the river that I saw".

But Medea froze.

'The river......did he already find the river that leads us here?'.

The river that Medea did not tell Dion until his wound has healed up.

'I guess, he is in a perfectly good shape'.

Medea thought looking at Dion's back, and Dion look back at her.

"Are you coming or not?".

"Yeah right, wait".

***
It was a long walk but finally they reached their destination.

They were hiking on a mountain and when Dion pointed his fingers downwards.

Medea saw it, people dressed on knight's attire setting up a camp.

"They are getting ready for the hunting event".

The hunting event that takes place every year whenever monsters are out. Is an event that take place on who ever gets the largest amount of hunt, they'll give it to the lady of their choice. Most people who represent the hunting events are men and they give their hunts to a noble lady.

And I'm an instant.

"I think I know what you are planning to tell me Dion".

**Author**
I'm posting two chapters because I have to study for an exam so it'll take me a long time to post, guys pray for me this Monday since nothing will come on my mind😭😭.

Pray for me that I'll pass so I won't fail this quarter.