Chapter 49

"Damn it" .

Lante banged his first against his table and cried out.

"Fuck you mean an heir? Deon fell into that human snake's trap. If he won't be fixed then he won't be the heir. So who will it be?" .

After kneading his forehead for a minute, Lant grasped what his solution is.

"Roxana" .

"She seems to be a good choice" .

He giggled and sat firmly in his seat.

"A better fit, if Solon chooses his snake daughter then I can see them kill each other to death" .

The grin he had stretched.

"A human eating butterfly fighting with a human snake weapon user, I wonder who'll win" ."This will be such an interesting turn of event" .

He sat upright and grinned.

"I ought to be back now with my business".

He have already planned a back-up plan in case Deon isn't still cured with his human emotions. Lante also started to plan some ways to bring his son back to the right path.

***
"You called?".

Deon said as the maid lead him to Lante's office.

"Yes, it is about your heredity".

Lante got straight to the point, hardly attempting to strike up a conversation.

"Why, is there a problem with it?"

Deon inquired about, utilizing a poker gaze that disguised his apparent lack of interest in the subject at hand- Nevertheless, he mocks the subject's existence since in fact he is aware that he will never be able to be with Medea after he becomes the family's ruler and that the fight within the family will last for whatever many generations. Since he first encountered Medea, he has only grown uninterested in becoming a successor because he already had plans for the future. He would flee the Agriche family, the stage where he was born and to evade publicity as he intends to disappear for over a year, stipulated that he ends up with Medea after those years of vanishing from the public eyes. He already plans that in the future he will be taking in Medea's name and abandon the life of an Agriche. It might sound like he will betray the family but he is aware that he is just a puppet- replaced once he is worn out or no longer needed for the stage as a new useful puppet appears- Roxana. Everything until now was always him taking the spot light which lead to his siblings being nothing than his shadow or a dust. Like a entertainer dancing till his feet's rotten. He hated it, he hated dancing and acting like he is ok as he shows just how strong and merciless he is. Up until now he is dancing the music his dad conducted and which was also passed down to him as he danced with it from morning till dawn, those music notes has been passed down from generations to generations as the same kids dance with the rhythm, they must be perfect, they must not take a wrong step since that tiny step can cause them to be demoted from the stage, in other words, death. Deon always want it to end but he can't he is too scared to disobey his father's teaching as those instructions help him survive and take the lead of the dance. No matter what, he never seems to take the chance to change the dance steps but as he grows he sees Roxana changing the steps without the conductor noticing which made her take the position as the second star as the show. So if she becomes the heir then that means that she can change the nerve wreaking dance that has consumed his childhood and other ancestors as well. She can change the flow with elegance is she becomes the heir, the only thing Roxana need is a strong foundation for her to became the star, heck she can even be the conductor. All she needs is a support, a support from someone who has seen it all and who got her back- a support from me and Jeremy. The sudden realization hit him and completely forgot that him and lante were talking- Lante's talks are boring anyways so Deon doesn't even bother.