Chapter 22

At the mountain Medea suddenly fainted so Dion had to bring her back to the cave.

When Medea and Psyche switch back Dion sense Medea's auara is back so he became less worried but the thought of why a rat would change with Medea is still a question to him that is hard to solve. It may be related to Medea's side yet can be Dion's since you never know what the Agriche are plotting.

"Medea, I hope you will always be safe even if we...part ways".

Dion bite his lower lips when he said the last words, it's hard for him to say it his heart would be hurt just thinking of that thought.

He brush Medea's purple long hair with his bare fingers and thought  what he should do when they part ways.

'Will I come back to the house? Or'.

He looked at Medea and smile.

'I think the second one is the best'.

He thought.

****
Medea woke up and it was already night time, she saw Dion lighting up a fire and starring at the sky. Medea walk towards him and tap his shoulder. Dion swiftly use his elbow for defence and stop midway when he saw it's Medea.

"You look tired".

Medea said, eyebags formed Dion's eyes and he looks tired even a regular person can see it.

"I'm not".

He denied.

Medea grabbed his head and placed it to her shoulder and patted his hair.

"Sleep, I got ebough sleep already".

Without a second to waste Dion close his eyes and fall asleep.

Medea laugh, since she find it cute that Dion would lie about not being tired.

"Just like my past self, I hopr you get eneough sleep".

She patted his hair and looked at the starry night.

****
Dion opened his eyes, it's a hot weather.

'Is it already on the afternoon'.

He thought, He got up and look for Medea.

Medea wasn't inside the cave so he search for her outside, yet her presence can't be seen. Dion became worried sweat became visible to his forhead and arms, he sesrched again this time the places he thinks Medea will go- to the river, above the trees yet not a purple hair is seen. He can't believe it.

"She's......gone".

His streght drain out he sitted on the ground and is still shock.

"Is this what it feels like without her?".

He said to hisself and tears went out his eyes.

A life without Medea, he never thought this is what it feels like. Like his heart is pierce with a sharp knife.

"Medea.....".

The silent wind and when Dion heard footsteps, there he saw, Medea. He ran swiftly to her and hug her tight.

"....".

Medea don't know what happen to him, she just stayed still and enjoy his hug.

"Is this your thank you?".

Dion blushed in emberessment he let his emotions take over him.

"....yes...it's my thank you I did not see where you were so I waited outside".

"Were you worried?".

".....a little bit".

"Really? But you're still hugging me".

Dion let go of Medea but she hugged him instead.

"I'm not complaning I just wanted to know".

"I was very much worried about you".

Dion is still emberessed so he rested his head on her shoulder so she won't see his face.

****
Medea's POV.

She went to the mountains at dawn and saw Eros' camp, more and more camp were build.

'It looks like it's about to start soon'.

She thought, she look at the surroundings and she notice the Solon's   flag. A grin formed in her lips as she tought to herself.

'Looks like dad will also join, I wonder what his empression will be if he saw that I'm alive, will he be proud or disappointed that I did not kill the enemy and went to the battle even when he said no'.

"Look like this hunting year will be interesting".

Her grin faded when she thought of Dion.

"When we part ways, what will happen".

Since her plan was to kill the chimera with Dion and Helio and walk to the hunting grounds and present her kill and be the winner.

"What will happen to him".

Medea sit down in the grass, tears went out her eyes she tried to stop it but it just won't stop.

"What's wrong with me? Am I that worried about him?".

"I need to stop crying, he is my enemy".

Her heart became painful just thinking of Dion as her enemy.

She stayed on mountain until her tears stop and when she went back, she saw Dion outside.

'What's wrong with him...is he worried about me?'.

She thought and suddenly Dion hug her.

'Did he hear my footsteps?'.

"Were you worried?".

She asked him.

".....a little bit".

Medea became hurt when he said a little bit.

"Really? But you're still hugging me".

Her thoughts went out her mouth, he let go but Medea enjoyed the hug.

"I'm not complaning I just wanted to know".

"I was very much worried about you".

Medea smiled and brushed his hair. She became comfortable that without thinking she kiss his hair.

Dion tried to stay calm but his ears turn red, and Medea smile seeing him blush.

'I really like you'.