Chapter 53

The party is now officially on.

Nobles from different rankings gather together to enjoy the ball. Dulcet music is being played by the orchestra. The pleasant notes of the violin, piano and Harp accompanied by the brass family and the tune won't be made without the conductor's elegant hands leading the band that just wanna make you dance from hearing the simple yet pleasing symphony.

That is what the nobles did, they dance and dance as long as the music lasts. Different colors of skirts spread around the floor as the ladies twirl, the men place their hands around their partner's waist and both their hands anchorage with one another as if their partner doesn't wanna let them go. The ball lights clear as day as it sparkles with delight. The night is young so the nobles have fun to their hearts content as if tomorrow doesn't exist for they only care and enjoy the cotillion.

Nothing can break the joyous and peaceful atmosphere- as if. The aura around the quadrille became heavy as the trumpets is heard. The music stop and so does the dancing aristocrats. They face to see non other than the emperor himself- Claude. It is obvious that he hates balls because once he step foot his gem like eyes became icy and he glares down at the people who is currently bowing their heads for respect.

"The heads of Agriche and Solon please come together with your chosen heirs".

The heir and the head of Solon step together. Their garments are like the colors of their hair, a shade of purple that reflects the chandelier giving it off a shining on itself effect. Their jewels can never even match their pleasing faces, a natural beauty like no other. Everyone was in awe as Medea and Thesion they walk so elegantly as if they have the feet of a dancer. Meanwhile, the heir and head of Agriche walk parallel to them.

Red eyes that calls for blood, hair as dark as the night, even without jewels what'll catch your attention is their appearance of authority.

No one can ever up top both the families other than the family themselves. With aura as dangerous as the lurking night. A time that no one can ever forget, three powerful families- the Agrchie on the left, Solon on the right, and the royal family on the center holding a book of promises.

Once the families bow down Claude let them raise their head and place the head's hand on the book as they memorize the oath of peace and promise to not cause war. 

A commitment for the advancement of this nation, a sacrifice shall be held as we, state your surname, pledge to uphold an unwavering covenant of peace and this shall be endorsed by the family head and heir. Should any actions be nothing but violation, the appointed head shall bear the responsibility and face the consequences.

After the leaders of the family have promised the oath it was now time for the heirs to recite the vow. Medea and Deon both kneel down in front of the emperor. One leg touching the floor while the other is in a perfect angle that helps both of them to balance themselves as they place their forearm on the 90 degrees leg. They close their eyes to feel the moment.

What moment was it? Probably being close to each other. Their distance is adjacent to each other to the point that their shoulders touch the other's shoulder. Claude didn't tell them to be this  near, neither did their fathers and their dad's were not that close in distance. The head's width of closeness can still fit another person in between them, but for Medea and Deon it is like their bodies are being squished by crowded people to make them this close.

Thanks to Medea's long dress and her placement of the skirt, she was able to hold Demon's hand since the skirt got to cover them the moment it touched the floor. No one saw it but Claude did, and he just didn't care.

Why would he even care anyways? If they are in love this will just make the oath strong and he does not need to deal with the aftermath of the battle one more time.

"Please recite with me".

Claude stated with a calm face and the nobles were shocked since they will just have to say the same vow their dad said so why would they follow Claude? Unless he changed it on the spot the moment he saw how clingy these two can be with each other.

"For the betterment of this nation, we, state your name and partner's name".

A murmur can be heard from the crowd as they cannot believe what the emperor just wanna make them say, nonetheless, they recited what the emperor made them say.

"For the betterment of this nation, we, Medea and Deon".

"For the betterment of this nation, we, Deon and Medea".

Both words collide with one another as they said it at the same time.

No matter the whispers of the room Claude just moves on to the other phrase.

"Pledge to strengthen the oath as we became one-".

The whisper of disapproval rises the room it cannot be the elephant in the room for the nobles really did not avoid the issue.

"What does the emperor mean to become one?".

The question that every noble wants to know. Does he mean to be married or does he mean something else?

The emperor continues.

"Became one in mind for we will know what is for the better and the worse for this nation-".

Every noble sighs in relief, they reacted quickly that is why they didn't get what Claude wanted to establish.

"If the oath is disrespected and not obyed we, the heir will suffer the consequences".

After Medea and Deon recited what the emperor said, Claude look at them, which are still holding hands and even smiling since they got to touch each other. Claude had an idea.

"To establish one mind, I, the emperor, allow Medea to visit the Agriche and vice versa so that they can connect deeply and know what they will do to have a peaceful, war free nation and by the end of the year they will present to be what they have created as a sign that they have obey the oath".

The whispers even became more. At this point it cannot be called a whisper if even Claude can hear it from afar. This is now a  talk.

"Let me proceed, if they cannot create even something to advertise a war free nation but proceed to even make this country far worse than before the price will be by Blood and head".

Claude warned, his jewel-like eyes now glow and one look can make you Freeze in ice. But he wasn't glaring at the two heirs but their clan's leader, and both got a connection of a shiver in their spine.

"I hope I make myself clear".

The golden haired man said before he left.

It was a brief moment but both the two leaders felt like they were about to be killed.

As the event went on, Medea wanted to get some fresh air so she left the scene to go to the terrace.

A certain red eye saw Medea leave and that person followed.

"Medea Solon-".

Medea is startled because she didn't hear any footsteps echoing so she responded to her flight or fight response. She was about to chop that person's neck by her hand until she realized that it is an  Agriche.

"Demon's sister?".

"Yes, let me introduce myself".

"If you may".

The girl requested since Medea didn't even budge. Medea just let her bow.

"It is an honor to meet you, I am Roxana Agriche".