Chapter 24

"So....Dion's alive".

An unplesent smile formed on the head's face, he light up his cigarette and laughed.

"That rascal survived, I really thought him well to survive".

Proud that he made his offspring tough but he felt disappointed, he let go of Dion— his weapon, to help him kill the Solon.

"The fight didn't end yet".

He said.

The sight of Dion kissinf his foot and beg for an approval to go back home made him smile.

"That way, I can use Dion again and be the winner of this fight".

Knock knock.

"Father, you called?"

Roxana said.

"Ah yes, take a seat, how are you with the toy?".

He asked.

Roxana's innocent face formed a wicked grin.

"He's doing well, the torture is so much fun but I have to put some ointment on him so he won't die earlier".

The man laught at what she said.

"Genius, how come I never thought of that, I really raised you well".

Roxana smiled back.

"Is that all of your concerns father?".

She asked.

"You may go back".

He swish his hands back and forth as an indication for her to leave.

***
"How are you Casis?".

Roxana asked. She took a piece of paper from her dress between her chest.

"W..what are you doing?".

Casis covered his eyes and Roxana just look calm.

"What do you mean? It's a map".

"A map?".

"A map for your escape".

"I actually wanna ask this but, what will happen when I go back to my house?".

Casis asked.

"What do you mean? Everything will go back to normal as if we never met".

".....go back? Will you be back to being cruel?".

"Since when was I nice anyway? I'm just being considerate about you".

Casis lower his head, his cheerful face became gloomy.

***
"What will we do?".

Psyche asked.

"It's almost the hunting competition".

She rub her forehead looking for a solution.

"We'll do the orders of lady Medea".

"But the enemy is with her and is there even a path for where Medea is? I wasn't able to explore since the enemy knows when it's me".

'He knows?'.

Helio thought. It felt strange for him since when Medea and Psyche first switch he knew it's Psyche in Medea's body but for the enemy to know too.

'Are they that close? But they only knew each other for a period of time'.

Helio is in deep thought, he glance at Psyche bitting her lower lip.

"Lady Psyche, you need to calm down I will be the one to explore the forest since I'm the one of the competitors anyway, just calm down and pray that we'll be alright, it's for the sake of Lady Medea anyway".

Helio smiled ans Psyche nodded.

"Does Medea know when the ceremony will be held?".

"Yes, I told her".

----
5 days later

"I am happy that everyone attended the compition, may you all be victorious giving your hunts to your love".

Eros swing his sword.

"The hunting competition, has begun".

Everyone yelled with joy, every gentelmen took their horses and weapons and went to the forest.

The ladies will be waiting for the men to return since the men will be the one to offer their kills. The one with most kills will be award as the 'competition Goddess' the person with most hunt will be named 'dangerous hunter'.

"Since lady Medea isn't here who'll be the 'dangerous hunter' now?".

A young lady said.

"Lady Medea has always won that title, I think lord Helio will be the one to hold the title this year".

Another lady said.

Medea always get the award each year but she never gives her hunt to anyone.

"But doesn't lord Helio only hunt bear?".

The point of this competition was to kill all the demonic beast that might invade this winter. The rules are simple, don't hunt birds, rabbit, deers or any animal  that won't hurt people. Kill a deer and you'll be out of the competition even if you have many kills.

Helio aslo never gives his hunt to anyone so he only hunts a bear.

----
The forest.

Helio found a path going to the mountain.

'Is this the right path?'.

He thought.

He took a step, one of his knights warned him

"Lord, that's dangerous there are rumors that said that's the place where the chimira sleeps".

Helio smiled. He didn't listen at all.

"Commander".

The knight became worried.

"Are you worried that I'll die? I am Helio Niccolo after I can take care of myself besides the hunting competition is all about killing the beast and I have to see if the 'chimira' is true".

"Commander, atleast let some of us come with you".

"....half of the squad will stay here and the other half will come with me".

Like what Helio said, the squad equally counted themselves.

"Now hurry, the other half if we haven't come back get a search party".

"Yes, commander".

The knights saluted Helio and he left with the other knights.

"Commander, what's with the 2 swords?".

"Incase my sword will be broken".