Chapter 47

In the palace, a royal family who holds the contract of the Agriche and Solon's families that they swear not to start a war. The two heads of the family were called from the palace.

"Duke Agriche and Solon, did you not swear by blood that your family will not start a fight again?".

Pair of angry jewel blue eyes look down both on the two dukes, the fearful eyes pierced both of the Duke, they felt shiver down their spine and can't afford to look straight to the emperor- Claude de Alger Obelia. Both of the dukes might be feared in the nation but there is a reason why Claude is the emperor of the nation. He doesn't wanna play games and would force you to tell the truth even when blood stains his carpet.

"SPEAK".

Claude's voice grew impatience and anger as both the Duke just bowed their heads unable to speak up from the tension.

"No one wants to speak? Shall I force it then?".

Claude wave his hand and the young red haired man that has always by his side step forward and draw his sword.

"It-...it was a mistake".

The Agriche Duke said, his voice stuttering.

"A mistake? Is that all?".

Claude wave his hand again as a sign to kill the two worthless dukes. Both became nervous unable to move.

"What a pity, I hope that you have already selected a heir".

As the silver metallic sword swing on the air aiming for their heads in one blow, but it stop midway when  the Agriche Duke spoke.

"It- it is to prove that the Agriche will always be victorious".

Lante never stutter- until now.

"So you declared war just to prove yourself?".

The anger filled Claude's voice, his icy tone pierced them like sharp pointy ice and Claude's jewel eyes felt like waves of ocean trying to suffocate the peasants who dare to disobey him.

"It was in the contact that the Agriche and Solon will not start a war for the next 90 years and as I know it ended".

Claude grew anger in those worthless statement.

"You dare think of it that way?".

His voice became a burdensome- too much weight to carry, both fell on their knees not daring to look at the emperor.

Claude sigh looking at their state. Both look like they saw a ghost as their faces became paper white, pale like they just use flour as a foundation.

"This incident will be forgiven and forgotten as the Agriche Duke stated that the contract ended. A new contract will be made, this time the successor of both families will sign to keep both of the families agree".

He then added.

"But for the incident to be forgotten, the royal family will be hosting an event to show that a new contract is formed, the ball will be made once both parties have submitted on who their heir will be".

"Choose wisely, I expect the new Duke to have a brain".

Claude's final words before he dismissed them.

Even when the two gentlemen were walking in the halls they still felt uneasy like a kid who has been spanked by their mother. They felt like the royal walls have eyes– sharp, icy, eagle like eyes watching them as they take a step out the palace. Neither spoke to each other until they finally left the palace.

"Pft, still stick to the past I see".

Solon said clearly looking down on the Agriche.

"And still a piece of trash I see".

Like dogs fighting for food, both glared at each other. Their stares wanting to pop out by how intense they growled at each other. Both not even blinking at this point.

"Goodluck picking for a successor, even with uncountable kids you have, they are all worthless like their dad".

"Pffttt, it is better than having your son leave you and the only heir is a witch".

At this point, both are just trash-talking each other's kids.

"You'll see, they will leave you too because of your harsh family lessons. At least I know mine won't kill me using those lessons".

Lante just started at him in anger wanting to kill him now.

"Go on, I know you have something you wanna say, coward".

Solon mocked. Lante just took out a cigarette and fire it, taking his first huff of the cigarette and blowing it to his enemy's face.

"Who knows, that girl of a witch would kill you. You raised a bitch and seduce my son".

Their faces became close as Lante still kept on blowing the cigarette to his face.

"Your son is a weak piece of shit who is easily swayed".

"Are you sure you raise him well?".

Solon added and smiled like a devil.

"An apple isn't born from an orange tree, like father like son- easily let's their emotions control them, pathetic".

He smiled even more, the corners of his mouth almost reaching to his ears.

Lante punch him but his fist stopped mid-way as he felt shiver and heavy, not just him but also Thesion. Both men felt heavy like carrying a huge burden as if that both of their knees sinks to the ground as they felt weak and unable to walk. They didn't even dare to see who is carrying such power and a dangerous bloodlust like aura. 

"DIDN'T I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?

Even if Claude wasn't there they can feel his intense stare as he look at him from his palace, they know it is just an imagination that Claude is at their back but it felt so real. Sweat drip on their face, it is like their feet are glued down from all that intense predator like stare. Such heavy pressure to the point that there arm hair stand up, they stand still like a kid who has just been beaten by their mom. Both men waited for their carriage but a minute felt like an hour, it feels so suffocating like their lungs have been tied just to crush it and make them die without mercy. 

After what felt like an everlasting agony their transportation has finally come, without a second to waste they went inside their individual carriage.

***

"Was it ok to have their future heir be included of the oath both families have to swear?"

The red haired guy who is wearing an official uniform palace guard asked Claude.

"It might cause another problem, it has already caused a lot of problems from the past generations so what makes you think that an oath will let them keep their promise?"

Asked the curious knight.

"Something tells me this will be different"

"???"

"What makes you say that sir?"

"Medea Solon and Deon Agriche, rumors of them being lovers is circulating around the nation like a wild fire, so if the rumors will come true, this might be a happy ending version of Juliet and Romeo. A family with hatred and kids who love each other, this is the first time in history that something has changed."

"But if the rumors were true, would it not mean that one has to change surnames and abandon the position of being a heir?"

"If that were true, then good luck to Lante for finding a heir".

"Why would you assume that Deon would be the one to abandon the position?"

"Cause Felix, a man would do and abandon everything just to be with the woman he likes, even if it means being crazy".

When Claude explain it, Felix remembered what Claude did when he met the woman he likes- he killed his own brother with his own  sword and hands, just to be with the brunette but he went crazy once again after finding out she slept with his brother and have a kid. He then met a dancer, he wanted her but knows that he'll just hurt her so Claude locks himself up in his own palace and lock his emotions away.