The Tent

It had been the last night on the camping trip with the rest of the 7th graders. Connor and Jude didn't want to leave to be completely truthful, they enjoyed each other-they enjoyed the trip very much. Who am I kidding? They enjoyed each other's company secretly-though they didn't know if it was because they were best friends or something different.
The last day of the trip was pretty interesting. Jude and Connor had shared something ever so sacred-a secret they'll keep, but never forget.
-----////-----////-----////-----////---////--
"I can't believe this is the last night." Jude groans, huffing as he stuffs his toothbrush in his backpack.
"I know! I want to stay here another week." Connor chuckles, zippering his backpack. "Tomorrow we'll be back in school again." He adds. Jude rolls his eyes at the disgusting thought of school. Cafeteria food, a sweaty atmosphere, and getting up at 6am again.
"Just the place I want to be."
When they finished packing up, they both slip on their pajamas, and take out their sleeping bags. Jude and Connor crawl into their sleeping bags, looking up at the ceiling of their tent.
"Yeah, well I guess this is the last fun night." Jude sighs. Connor nods, sighing too. A couple of seconds pass, and Connor sits up.
"Wait. What time is it?" Connor asks. Jude checks his watch.
"9:42PM, why?" Jude questions, shrugging. Connor chuckles, and looks down at the sleeping bag.
"We shouldn't go to sleep now--we should savor the last night. But we have to be quiet." Connor smiles. Jude looks at him puzzled.
"What can we do that's quiet?" Jude asks. Connor smirks, reaching for his backpack. He takes out his PS3 and looks at Jude again. Jude's eyes widen, looking back at him.
"How did you get that?" Jude breathes, gasping.
"Let's say, while I was helping you pack, I didn't want to forget the fun things. So I took it, and put it in my backpack just incase." Connor laughs. "But it's still yours."
"This is awesome! Now we can finish Star Wars Commander." Jude cheers with a bright smile. They both lie on their stomachs, and Connor puts the PS3 in between them, playing the levels of the game.
-----
11:17PM
------
The two started getting tired, sneaking in a few yawns here and there, but they kept on playing the new approaching levels. Jude and Connor were definitely sleep deprived at this point-for their young age.
"This. Is. Awesome!" Jude rapidly presses the buttons on the PS3, his eyes looking dilated. "Level 49."
"Yes!" Connor laughs, eating more popcorn from the bag in front of him. Suddenly, the two hear movement from outside the tent, and Jude quickly pauses the game-hiding it under his pillow. Lena unzips the tent, raising her eyebrows.
"Boys, you know the rules. Lights out was two hours ago." She informs the two.
"I know momma, but can't we stay up a little more?" Jude politely asks with an innocent grin.
"Okay, 10 minutes I'll be back to check if you two are sleeping, okay?" Lena nods. The boys nod back with tired smiles, and she zips the tent back up.
"Man, we only have ten minutes-and we spent two hours playing video games." Connor pouts.
"Well, what do you want to do now?" Jude asks. Connor takes out his phone, looking back up at him.
"Truth or dare?"
----
A couple of minutes go by, and the two ask each other funny questions. Though neither of them had done dare yet, they learned embarrassing things about each other. They didn't judge one another, because they had plenty of funny stories on their plates.
~
"Okay, truth or dare?" Connor chuckles, drinking his bottle of water.
"Truth." Jude smiles. Connor thinks of a question, tapping his knee. Suddenly, a thought hits him.
"Have you ever kissed anyone?" Connor looks at him, curious. Jude looks down with a red tint painted on his cheeks.
"No." He mutters. Connor raises his brows.
"You haven't?" He asks. Jude looks back up at him, shaking his head. "Oh, okay." Connor looks down at his phone.
They continued playing the game, but Connor was a little distracted-considering the fact that Jude had never kissed anyone. They had played spin the bottle with the two girls at the house party, by Jude had only kissed Maddie's cheek-so it doesn't count.
Connor even questioned himself on why he got so distracted over one question-and he was even more curious on why Jude hadn't been kissed. The cupcake-delivery girl seemed to like him, and so did Maddie before that fight had almost got in between the two of them.
"Connor? It's your turn." Jude waves his hand in front of Connor's distracted face. He winces out of his trance, but nods.
"Oh-yeah." Connor shakes his head back to reality. "Truth or dare?" Jude smirks, taking a challenge.
"Dare."
Connor smiles in surprise, thinking of something good. His mind went back to what had happened before, and his smile fades away.
"I dare you, to kiss me." Connor laughs nervously. Jude raises his eyebrows in shock, freezing in place.
"Um... Are you sure?" Jude clarifies, biting his lip.
"Uh, yeah I think so. I mean, we are good friends-this won't affect anything." Connor reassures, nodding. Jude looks down in thought, and shrugs.
"Ok-ay." Jude nods slowly. The two move closer until they're both sitting directly in front of each other nervously. Slowly, Connor leans in, and Jude joins him in a slow kiss. Neither moved, frightened if they did something could affect their friendship. Connor pulls away, avoiding Jude's eyes.
"Oh." Jude breathes, quietly trying to bring himself back.
"I'm sorry-was that bad?" Connor bites his lip nervously.
"No-I don't think so." Jude shakes his head, shrugging. The two were frozen, sitting in front of each other. Jude stared at him with slightly frightened eyes, and Connor matched his look.
"Do you want to do it again?-Just for practice when you get a girlfriend?" Connor sucks in a breath at his question. Jude shrugs, nodding as they press their lips against each other, closing their eyes. Again, neither moved because of the almost threatened friendship. Jude stood still with curious thought of what could happen if he or Connor moved. Suddenly, he feels Connor's lips twitch slightly against his-and then they were moving against his lips. Out of curiosity, Jude began kissing back slowly, leaning in closer.
The two heard footsteps and they immediately pulled apart with flushed faces and slightly swollen lips. "Boys, what did I say?" Lena asked, unzipping the tent again.
"Okay, we're going." Jude nods as they quickly go in their sleeping bags. Lena nods, zipping the tent up again. Connor opens his eyes, nervously looking at Jude as he mirrored him.
"Can we keep this a secret?" Connor whispers to him.
"Yes." Jude answers, and they both begin to drift off into a deep sleep.
Now that, was one hell of a last night camping trip.
----
A/N: comment and favorite!! Xxx,
-A