Faking it (2)

"Jude, I think we need to just tell her." Connor suggested, shaking his head.
"What's the worst that can happen?" Jude asked. "It's not like we have legit feelings for each other." Jude shrugged, but then felt uncomfortable, as did Connor.
"Yeah." There was definitely tension in the air, and it wasn't because of Mariana this time. The two were pretty confused, now that thought about it. Connor looked at him, not smiling or talking, and Jude stared back. The air felt thick and the tension sharp, but in reality, it was just a stare.
-----
"So, I think we should, you know, practice kissing. So for the date, it won't be so bad, it'll feel familiar." Connor nodded his head, and Jude seemed to agree.
"Okay. So should we just start?" He asked.
"Whenever you're okay with it." Connor responded.
The two walked over to each other, making sure they were close enough. Slowly, Connor put his hand gently on his best friend's waist, and Jude put his around Connor's neck. Jude looked at him nervously, but Connor mentally reassured him that it was going to be okay. Finally with one last breath, Jude leaned in, placing his lips on Connor's for just a moment. They remained there, neither moving against each other. Suddenly, they didn't know if it was hormones or not, but Connor started initiating the kiss more, tilting his head more as he gripped his friend's waist. Jude, not knowing what to do, kissed back serenely and normally as if he was kissing a random person. But it was no random person. This was his best friend since the 6th grade-kissing him. Jude knew this was dangerous and risky territory, but right now he didn't want to think. He was just focused on Connor and his talented active lips.
Things grew hungrier as minutes past, and Jude began pulling the ends of Connor's hair, which made Connor moan softly as he pulled him closer, gripping his waist tighter. Jude was thinking of going to a different place to kiss him, probably the neck, until interrupted by the blaring sound of his ringtone. The two pulled apart quickly, and Jude answered his phone, clearing his throat. "Hello?" His voice accidentally came out raspy, which made Connor almost laugh.
"Hey, I'm gonna be home a little late. But don't forget the date tonight okay? Make sure you two are dressed nice."
"But it's a drive in movie."
"Jude! It's your first date. Just do it." Mariana yearned. Jude rolled his eyes and they both hung up. There was a slightly awkward silence at first, but Jude cleared it up quickly.
"Just Mariana bugging me about the date tonight." Jude stated.
"Oh right." Connor nodded.
"Well, I'm gonna go get ready for it. You probably should too." Jude blushed, looking down.
"Oh, yeah." Connor smiled, beginning to walk out. He kissed Jude's cheek unintentionally, almost leaving, but then he froze in his place, looking back at a surprised Jude. "Just.. Practice, for tonight." He laughed nervously as Jude nodded. He soon left, leaving Jude with his lingering thoughts.
-----
5 MINUTES BEFORE THE DATE
-----
Jude slicked up his hair in his normal style, looking down at his black shirt and jeans. He had grown a lot since 8th grade. He had a toned body, and definitely was a lot taller since then. Connor was always toned, and definitely remained the same now, just a bit taller than Jude still. The two both got ready in separate houses, and Connor was going to arrive in 5 minutes.
Mariana entered Jude's room wearing a short loose purple dress and perfectly curled hair. "You look totally awesome! Connor will love what you're wearing." Jude blushed at this on command. She looked into his mirror, fixing her mascara and her red lipstick when suddenly the doorbell rang. She quickly finished that, and ran downstairs to open the door. Matt smiled at her and she smiled back, kissing him lightly on the lips. "Hi." She giggled, as Matt held her waist. Connor walked in after, waiting for Jude.
Jude walked downstairs, and Connor was almost surprised at his pretend boyfriend's appearance. "You look... Great." Connor smiled, not faking the compliment. Jude took it as acting, so he basically responded,
"You look amazing."
"Aww!" Mariana cheered as she leaned into Matt. "Aren't they cute?"
"Fan girl." He muttered as she teasingly elbowed him.
"Come on, let's go." They all walked out, taking separate cars as they drove to the drive in movies. Jude stared at Connor as he drove, slightly smiling as he leaned into his seat.
After they paid and parked, Mariana waved to the two boys sitting in their car seats. She turned around and kissed Matt once. And again. And agin. And again.
The movie started, and drew the boys attention as they watched. Jude could see Mariana looking at him from the corner of his eyes. Rolling his eyes, he met her glance in question. Mariana mouthed something that looked like she said "Kiss. Him." He waved her away and looked back at the movie.
Mariana, obviously annoyed, honked her horn once, which got Jude's attention as he looked at her once more. "Kiss him." She mouthed again, and Jude looked away, looking at Connor.
"Mariana's watching." Jude whispered in annoyance. Connor raised his brows and looked at her, and back at him. He nodded, caressing Jude's cheek before leaning in and kissing him. Jude surprisingly kissed back, a bit taken aback that Connor would do it so subtly and easily. Jude cupped Connor's cheek as they kissed, no longer paying any attention to the movie screen right in front of them. Mariana smiled and resumed to kiss her boyfriend. As Jude kissed him, he was able to clear at least 20% of his mind and was able to think. He realized how hard it was to fake a relationship and hide his feelings at the exact same time. Connor leaned in deeper, letting his tongue slide across Jude's bottom lip, eventually being able to play tonsil hockey with Jude's. They soon enough pulled away, both of their lips swollen and tired. Connor felt his tingling lips, looking at Jude. Jude was doing the same thing, looking right back at him.
------
When they all went back to the Foster's house, Mariana and Matt decided to watch Netflix in the living room. Connor and Jude remained outside, saying their "goodbyes", at least that's what Mariana heard.
"So.." Jude started, awkwardly looking at his friend.
"I guess tonight wasn't that bad." Connor shrugged, trying to smile. Jude didn't try to smile back, he just remained emotionless, biting his lip.
"I don't think I can do this." Jude muttered to himself. Connor looked at him quizzically, folding his arms.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"I mean, I just can't. It can really change our friendship forever."
"But I told you, it won't. Unless something happens." Connor shrugged.
"But that's the thing! Something has already happened." Jude complained, sighing.
"What?" Connor pressed. Jude stopped talking, because he pulled Connor by his shirt, giving him a long sacred kiss. After he pulled away, he just sighed against his shirt, and officially put space between them again.
"Something like that." Jude sighed. "Bye Connor." He frowned, his eyes tearing up as he closed the door.
-----
The next day, it was silent. They were silent. Not a word was said to each other then. He remembered the pain. The pain he had deep in his heart. A tear dripped down Jude's face as he stared at the picture Connor had on his social media.
Jude was very much convinced that he had ruined their friendship forever. He just knew without another word when he closed the door on his best friend. It hurt to do so, but he did it.
His fingers tapped on the glass of orange juice as he looked outside the window, watching the drops trickle down from the outside. "Jude? Are you in your room?" Mariana called out.
"Yeah." Jude replied, tracing the drops with the eraser side of his pencil as he glided it against the window. Mariana walked in, smiling warmly. She noticed Jude's sullen face, and quickly became concerned. "What's wrong?" She asked. Her eyes drifted from Jude to his phone, showing a picture of Connor. "Did something happen?" She asked, looking at her brother with concern.
"We're in a fight." He sighed. "And I don't think we're going to be dating anymore."
"No way." Mariana shook her head. Jude looked up at her.
"What?"
"No. I'm not letting you two break up over some fight. Whatever it is, you have to fight for what you love. No matter what the odds are." Mariana explained. "And you must be proud of your outcome. You need to make your own happy ending."
Jude looked at her with a spark of hope shining in his eyes. His sister definitely was right. He had to talk to him. "I think you're right." He said, grabbing his leather jacket.
"Where are you going?" Mariana asked with a smile.
"Connor's. I'll be back." Jude said as he walked out of his room.
-----
Jude rushed up the stairs of Connor's house, anxiously standing there, about to knock on his door. But what if it goes all wrong? What if Connor is still pissed off from last night? What if he- next thing he knew, he was knocking on his door, waiting for a response.
Moments later, Connor slowly opened the door, and a pink tint formed on his cheeks as he saw Jude standing there, with his wet brown spikyish hair, his leather jacket filled with raindrops and his damp blue jeans.
"I meant what I said last night." Jude began, but I wanted to apologize." He shyly said, clasping his own hands together. Connor remained there, leaning on the door with his eyebrows raised. "I want to apologize for kissing you, and having no hope for our friendship. It's just that, I'm so convinced that everything is over but, I won't apologize for being in love with you." Jude admitted assertively. "I won't, I can't do that. It was too late when I found out-or realized that I had different feelings because, personally I feel like I fell for you back in Freshman year." Jude explained, his eyes getting glossy once more. "I still don't really know why I'm here, but that's what I really needed to say." He breathed, looking at Connor, unsure and vulnerable. Connor stood there frozen for a minute, but quickly unfroze and walked closer to Jude.
"All the years we've wasted. Neither of us knew about the other." Connor smiled at Jude's surprisingly intrigued face. "I love you, dork. Now come here." He said with a sly smile as he pulled Jude close by the waist, kissing him for real this time as the rain drops fell on them softly. Jude caressed Connor's hair, kissing him back happily and very satisfied. The two finally pulled away, breathing heavily.
"I love you too." Jude said. "For real, I'm not faking anything."
"Me neither." Connor said, pulling him into another kiss.
The end.
------
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAY
I actually enjoyed this story. Quite a plot line for a writer who has been having almost-writer's-block. (That probably didn't make sense. Grammar fail.)
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED (:
-A