Chapter 4

Harry's POV:

A knock on my door woke me up from my deep sleep state. I got up and realised that dad was standing at the door. I tiredly rubbed my right eye, and asked him to come inside.

"No, no. I just came to tell you that me and Johannah are going out for some work. We'll be back in an hour or so. So, you are gonna have to come downstairs and lock the door." Dad said smiling.

I was half asleep, so, all i heard was that I had to close the door. I nod my head in response, and dizzily get up from the bed. I follow him out and down the stairs, where I am again greeted by Jonnah and then, they both head out. I lock the main door and decide to plop down on the couch, since, my body was still half asleep and didn't want to take the stairs. I was about to fall asleep when my phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket. I jump up at the sensation, quickly getting the phone out. I hoped it was Gemma's text but it was Niall's, my best friend from Mullinger, Ireland.

We used to write each other a lot when we were kids, but as we both got admitted to colleges, we stopped. It started with simple, fun penpal activities, and then, it extended to both of us writing to each other, mostly everything happening in our lives. I would tell him in the letter that a fight broke into our school and a girl punched a guy in his nuts and his letter would come three days later, telling me to be careful and possibly, away from that girl. Despite the distance and time difference, I would write to him and he would definitely send in his advices or respond normally.

The people I was surrounded with weren't even close to being called my friends. They were all disgusting in one ways or another. There were times I had been at my lowest, from getting bullied at school to stressing about rising school work and in all those times, Niall had presented himself a good friend, even though, he hadn't met me. Recently, he had called me when he must have found out about Mum, and since then his number is saved in my cell phone. I don't call him, but having his number, makes me feel safe. And today, after a month, he has messaged me. I swipe the notification and read his message,

"Hey Harry! Niall this side. Hope I am not disturbing you mate, btw, How are ya?"

How am I? Should I tell him? Maybe I should? No! Let's keep this conversation light. It's been months since we have talked, let's not bombard the man with gloomy moments from your sad miserable life.

"Hey Niall! I am good, how are you?" I sent the text, sitting up on the couch.

"I am fine mate. How's your everyone at home?"

"They're good. We are all pulling through. And we are better now" I write, not wanting to burden him with the reality. I could share everything with him, but who knows, maybe he is also going through something and complaining to him about your own life in that case, does not seem like a good option.

"That's great mate! I am proud of you!"

His text made me smile. I couldn't remember the last time I had smiled looking at my phone like that. For the past year, every time I had picked my phone to read a text, I have only received bad news, disappointing rumour about myself or a shocker.
We chatted for sometime, talking about our college lives, people around, friends, etc. And while talking, i unintentionally slipped up the fact that I was no longer admitted to the Manchester University. And when I told him that me and my Dad have moved temporarily to Doncaster for some business work and for the time being I was in Doncaster College, his text comes,

"Wait!....You are admitted to the Doncaster College!?!?"

His text has way too many exclamation points and question marks. Is he trying to confuse me or something? Is he shocked? Excited? Scared for me? Pitying me?