Chapter 13

Louis's POV:

I thought I had heard the main door click. I wasn't exactly sleeping but I knew it was Harry since Mum had mssged me only a few minutes ago. I quickly shuffle out of my bed. My mind was apparently holding an amusing scenario of a drunk Harry, sliping, slurring and trying to make his way into his room. I thought, if the mental image is that funny, the actual scene would be hilarious. I softly opened my door, to see a very collected but sneaky Harry opening his room's lock. Before he could step in, i ask him, in a fun tone,

"So, how was the party? Did you get railed to death in those glasses?"

And as quickly as I had asked that, I noticed the blood on his knuckles. My thoughts changed like a warp drive and I was quick to change my question,

"What happened? Why are you bleeding?"

He just shrugs off saying it's nothing and gets into his room.

"The hell u mean it's nothing!? Ur knuckles are literally chafed and bleeding?" I say turning him around earnestly and examining his injured hand.

"I told you, it's nothing. I scratched them on a rough surface!" He said quickly removing his hand from mine.

"A rough surface cannot make the knuckles bleed like that. Harold! And how long have you been bleeding? What the fuck happened Harry!?" I was honestly concerned now. Why was he lying about this?

"Did someone try to rob u or what? Did they hurt u?" I ask frantically checking his face and body for any other kinds of injury. To say I was terrified would be an understatement.

"I am fine, Louis. Really. Just- i am really tired.." He said moving his face away from my frantic fingers and motioning away from me.

And then, it kinda hit me. I grab his wrist gently and ask him calmly, "Did something happen at the party? Harry? Did Gideon do this to you?" I honestly didn't want it to be true.

I wanted to urge him on, to tell me, talk to me, but before I could, tears ran down his cheeks. It only added to my fear.

"Gid- Gideon he- he tried.. he touched me Louis! He touched me- I- i didn't- he kissed me- i- i didn't want him to-but-" he broke down and i immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him close. I swore in my mind that I will break every bone in Gideon's body for doing that to Harry!

I could feel how traumatic it was for him. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and cried out on my shoulder. I gripped him equally tightly, caressing his back. We stayed like that for some time. And then, Harry loosened his grip and tried to move away.

"Sorry, for soaking your shirt" he said sniffling.

"It's okay" i said smiling softly at him.

And then I made him sit on the bed while I got the first aid kit from his bathroom and sat down on my knees to bandage his knuckles. I didn't ask him anything, didn't urge him to say something. I just sat there carefully aiding his wounds. All the while he was watching me.

After I was finished bandaging, I get up and tell him that we will go to the college infirmary tomorrow to get the wound checked and bandaged properly and inform him that he's not supposed to get it wet while showering and not supposed to be doing much work with that hand. That if he need anything, he should just call me. He just nods his head to all my instructions and as I was about to leave, he asked me, standing up,

"Louis, can- can you please help me remove the shirt!? Or, not- it's fine. I will manage-" he started opening his buttons with one trembling hand, but stopped when I gently nudged his hand away and opened the buttons for him. I carefully removed his shirt making sure it doesn't rip the bandage off. After it was finally off of him, i threw it on the chair nearby. I looked at him, and he was just sheepishly looking at me as if wanting to ask me for one more favor.