Chapter 6

Harry's POV:

I was woken by a knock again. This time too, it was Dad. He was standing at the foot of the bed, trying to wake me up.

"Harry.... dinner's ready. Come on down" Dad said calmly, in a sweet and hushed voice.

"I have already eaten. I ordered a pizza" I say turning my head in his direction, still lying on the bed.

"Ohh..okay" Dad said, half in realisation and half in shock.

He was about to leave when he stopped and turned towards me and asked,

"Are you okay Harry?"

My head snapped in his direction and my eyes went wide. Had he noticed my tears or tear stains on the pillow? How could he? He is nowhere near the pillow. I sit up, rubbing my eyes, telling him yes.

"You know I am always here for you...right? You can talk to me anytime" he said with a concerned but soothing voice.

"Yes Dad, I know. Are you alright?" I ask him, a little mocking tone attached to my question.

He smiles and replies, sitting down near me, "I know this is really hard for you, son. I know this is all too much to take. And I know we are not that close, but, whenever you feel like sharing anything, just remember I am here to listen."

I don't say anything. I simply nod in agreement with a smile. I never know what to do in situations like these.

"Well, then, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, and, oh....set an alarm for tomorrow, you have college" he says smiling cheerfully and gets up patting his knees.

'The college....shit! I am gonna meet Niall tomorrow' I thought, my heart jumping in excitement.

"Ohh...and Harry, Thank you. Thank you for being here with me" he says standing at the door, his eyes glistening with tears....I assume and his lips formed into a tight lipped smile. I nod at him and smile in response.

I get under the covers, thinking about how my meet with Niall was gonna go. "Shit!! Tomorrow's gonna be exciting!"

*Next day*

I groan as my alarm goes off. I sleepily try to locate my phone and turn the alarm off. I lay on my bed, eyes open, staring at the ceiling. My thoughts were not linear. I dragged myself out of the bed and got into the shower. I came out with a towel around my waist and damp hair. I picked up a casual checkered flannel to wear over a skinny black jeans. I styled my hair, with my hands, running my fingers to the side. My hair were curly and honestly, I don't use any products in my hair, not even a styling gel. I like my hair the way they are. I take out a backpack out of my suitcase, and put my room key, wallet, sunglasses, a notebook, a pen and other things in it. I quickly glanced around the room to make sure I haven't left anything important, as I put my phone in my pocket. I quickly get out of the door and go downstairs where I see him.

"Hmm, this is going to be awkward" i think to myself as my eyes fall over the sharp figure eating a toast.

I slide past the table and make my way into the kitchen, where I am greeted by Ms. Jane.

"Good morning Harry. All ready for College today?"

"Yeah..." I lowly say, smiling not sure what else I could add. I see a jar filled with juice and I maneuver myself to a glass. As soon as I start leaving with the juice, Ms. Jane tells me to sit beside Louis, for breakfast.

My breath hitched and judging by the way, Louis suddenly stopped chewing and immediately coughed, I would say, his heart stopped too. I quickly nodded my head in disagreement, telling her that I was fine and that I would eat something in canteen of the college, (if it had any). She, however, didn't listen to any excuse and gently nudged me to sit on the table. I looked over to Louis.