Remember me

Tiffany pov.

It was my lovers wedding. Shall I say ex lover now. Me and Lisa haven't spoken one on one since a week ago. I didn't say much but she asked if her marrying Jennie was the right decision because she still loves me. I simply told her to marry someone who loves you and don't chase after someone like me who will never love you.

It hurt her but something told me that she knew I was lying.

I can't believe she's actually getting married to someone who isn't me. When me and Lisa started it was just something fun. I didn't know that I would grow to love her.

Me and Lisa were originally friends. My sister is friends with her. I was secretly dating Lisa behind everyone's back.

I don't think we both expected it. It was just fun at first. We broke up when I found out I was ill, I'll be gone soon and I told Lisa to move on. It hurt when her and Jennie got engaged, I love Lisa but I wanted her to fall out of love with me because I won't be here for much longer. Call me selfish but I want to leave here knowing she's happy without me. I don't want her crying over me when I'm gone, I'll love to her to have happy memories of us but I had to hurt her so she can move on.

The only people who know about me and Lisa is my sister Irene and Lisa's friend Bambam. The only people who know about my illness is my sister.

Lisa told me she was getting married to Jennie. She said she loves her, I wanted her to be lying but I knew in her heart she was telling the truth. Maybe deep down at some point she did have feelings for me. I'll pretend she did. It all happened so fast but I asked for this, I wanted this to happen.

I know Lisa loved me but I want her to love Jennie more, even if she still tells me she loves me, I have to tell her I didn't love her back because I don't have much time here, I didn't want her to think I'm still in love with her.

I broke Lisa's heart by telling her I didn't love her anymore but in reality I wasn't going to be here long. I wanted her to hate me but I guess she never could, she told me she could never hate me but I know I broke her heart.

She's beautiful. Perfect. Everything Lisa ever wanted in a partner. When I set Lisa and Jennie up it hurt but I was doing it for Lisa in the long run.

I just wished it was me instead. In a perfect world it would be me and Lisa getting married, if only life was that good to me. I reminded friends with Lisa because I want to see her happiness with Jennie even though it hurt me inside. I trust Jennie with Lisa's heart because I know she cares for her deeply.

It's the after party of the wedding. Lisa and Jennie just finished dancing.

Jennie: tiff why don't you sing a song. Your sister says you're quite the singer.

I chuckle as I look over at Irene who motions to the stage.

Tiffany: sure, only for the lovely couple.

I smile but Lisa knew it was fake. Lisa gulps as she watches me take the stage.

Tiffany: hi I'm Tiffany. This is a song from the movie, Coco, I really like it and I think I can relate to it. I'll guess I'll dedicate this song to the lovely couple,

I say looking at Lisa and she knew I was looking at her.

Everyone cheers and claps, when the noise dies down. Irene hands me a guitar.

I start strumming the strings.

Tiffany: Remember me, though I have to say goodbye
Remember me, don't let it make you cry
Forever, if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart