Missed Brithday

Tiffany pov

8pm

Its August the first.

My birthday.

I'm at my party.

I'm enjoying it.

I've just blew the candles on my massive cake which my girlfriend Lisa brought for me. She actually planned this whole party at her house.

But there's one thing missing.

I've got the candles...

The cake...

My friends...

My family...

But she's not here.

Yes my girlfriend is not here because she's stuck at work. She was supposed to take the day off but I guess it was to important. More important than me.

She's at work. Well that's what she told me and I believe her. My friends however don't think she's at work.

I go up to Lisa's bedroom. I unlock the door because Lisa didn't want anyone to go in here during the party so she gave me her room key. I locked the door behind me and call Lisa.

Lisa: hello birthday girl. How's the party?

I smile

Tiffany: hi Lis, when are you coming? I've already cut the cake.

Lisa sighs as I hear her typing. She is at work.

Lisa: I'll be there soon babe. I just have a meeting and paper work to do and I'll be right there.

I sigh, I can't let this upset me.

Tiffany: promise honey you'll make it. I don't want you to not see me on my birthday.

I pout.

Lisa: have fun baby, I'm going as fast as I can and I'll see you soon.

I sigh

Tiffany: ok hon

My tone didn't seem so hopeful and Lisa picks up on that.

Lisa: I love you Tiffany.

I smile at her gentle tone, it makes my heart flutter.

Tiffany: I love you too Lisa, see you soon.

With that I hang up, Lisa is a busy woman, when we first started dating it was like that too, call me selfish but all I want is my girlfriend to spend my special day with me. Is that too much to ask for?

Couple of hours later...

Remember when I said I won't let this upset me?

Well I lied.

I'm upset. It's my birthday party and Lisa is still not here. Me and Lisa have been dating for a couple of months now but she knows it's my birthday today.

Taeyeon: tiff where are you going? This is the 6th time you've disappeared?

My friend stops me as I was going to leave my party by going up to Lisa's room again.

Tiffany: I'm going to call Lisa, to see if she's going to make it.

Sunny shakes her head

Sunny: Tiffany she clearly isn't coming. You told her 7 and it's 10:30pm now.

I shake my head

Sooyoung: don't listen to her, Lisa is very busy I'm sure she'll make it.

I pout