Name Change

Lisa Pov

I was at my office and I finished working so I decided to call my wife Tiffany but she wasn't answering. She can't still be mad at me for forgetting her dads birthday. Hey I remembered her moms birthday. I thought she would of gotten over by now.

We got into an argument last night because I forget her dads birthday and forget to come to her parents house for the party. Tiffany had to tell her parents I was ill. I apologised to Tiffany millions of times, when I came back from working at the office late that night.

I knew she was still mad at me because when I got up in the morning she was already gone and she didn't even make me breakfast. She just left a note in the kitchen saying...

" Make your own breakfast because I forgot to make it like how you forgot my dads birthday"

And to make sure I knew she was mad she even drank the rest of my chocolate milk and I know she was mad when she drank it too because she didn't even leave a note on the empty Carton she just left it on the side so I could see it.

Me and Tiffany have been married for a year, we've been dating for 3 years prior to our marriage. We hardly fight but when we do, we normally make up a day or so later. We normally talk about our problems and we have to be open and honest with each other, I guess that's why we hardly argue.

I decide to call her on her work phone. I've never actually called her on her work phone before. A woman I assume is her secretary answers the phone.

Secretary: hello Lucy speaking how can I help you?

Lucy is Tiffany's secretary I've never seen her before but I know of her.

Lisa: hi it's Lisa... can I speak to Tiffany Manoban please.

I wait for a response

Lucy: I'm sorry ma'am there isn't a Tiffany Manoban here.

I was confused she said she's in her office. Well she's supposed to be in her office right now.

Lisa: so your boss isn't in her office?

Lucy chuckles

Lucy: you mean Miss Young, yes Miss Young is here. What is this call regarding?

The hell, she hasn't told anyone about her name change.

Lisa: I'm her wife... does it matter?

I try not to raise my voice, tell me Tiffany is messing with me.

Lucy: ma'am Miss Young is in a meeting right now, I'll tell her you called.

I just put the phone down. The way she said Miss Young makes my jaw clench. She's a Manoban now.

I get up and head out of my office. She mad at me for forgetting her dads birthday but this is far worse.

Tiffany pov

Mr Lee: it's great I truly believe this development is going to be successful. It's going to be sold for millions.

I was having a meeting with Mr Lee. He is sitting next to me on the black leather sofa in my office.

Tiffany: I think it'll be designed within 8 to 9 months.

Mr Lee holds out his hand and I take it. We give each other a firm handshake.

My office door opens. I let go of Mr Lees hand. I look at the direction of my office door and I see that my wife is here and she didn't look to happy. Lisa adverts her eyes from me and to Mr Lee giving him a fake smile.