Veil of agony

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Dave frowned deeply as he looked around the crowded room , searching for a familiar head of brunette hair in confusion , no longer seeing her sat at the table with her friends anymore

Dave frowned deeply as he looked around the crowded room , searching for a familiar head of brunette hair in confusion , no longer seeing her sat at the table with her friends anymore .

Instead all that remained was a clearly drunk duff and his blonde girlfriend who looked like she was currently lecturing him , the bassist crossing his arms moodily over his chest as he gazed lazily up at the ceiling , obviously barely listening .

Ignoring the confused calls of 'where are you going?' from the two woman at the bar , he pushed away from them without hesitation and walked away without so much as a single glance behind him . Uninterested in whatever it was that they thought that they could offer him . Wondering to himself where the hell Cherrie could have gotten to without him noticing .

Cursing at himself for getting distracted with the two giggly woman who were more than happy to sit there and listen to him rant about how rigged the whole upcoming election was going to be .

Sometimes his big mouth just couldn't stop running and this was one of those times that he wished he had shut himself up for once .

I mean , what was the point of him trying to explain the fucked up system that clearly was against freedom , and a government who wanted to control everyone under one red thumb,  to a pair of woman who were clearly only hoping that he would fuck them at the end of the night ? Hoping that Maybe he'd take them back to his hotel room and call them again if they were lucky . To give them a story to tell to their nosy , gossip vulture friends .

Shaking his head to himself with a tense pull to his lips as he stopped at the end of the table where cherrie was once sat. Looking between Lacy and duff impatiently .

"Where is she?" He didn't bother clarifying just who he meant . He thought it was pretty fuckin obvious seeing as she was the only woman that was ever on his mind lately . Her name always in his mouth. It was starting to become a problem .

Duff moved his eyes away from the ceiling where he had been watching the flashing club lights pass by , huffing out a annoyed breath at the mention of his singer . Already pissed off by the long and grating lecture that his girlfriend had spent the last hour giving him.