This is me trying

Chapter twenty eight

As Cherrie slid into the booth beside James with a tray full of fresh drinks , she groaned loudly as she saw the curious and amused look on his face as he watched her peek over at Dave who was sat by the bar with slash and Kirk and Lars , again , ...

As Cherrie slid into the booth beside James with a tray full of fresh drinks , she groaned loudly as she saw the curious and amused look on his face as he watched her peek over at Dave who was sat by the bar with slash and Kirk and Lars , again , for the hundredth time that night .

"What?" She said knowing that he wanted to say something . He was practically vibrating in his seat as he shot a pointed look between the two of them as Cherrie slid back down onto her seat and picked up a shot glass . Downing it in one go.

James picked up one for himself as he grinned slyly over at her . "Sooo... what the fuck is going on between you and mustaine? 'Cause honestly I think I'm in shock a little. The last time I saw you , you were ranting about how much you wanted to kick his head in!" He exclaimed .

Still In disbelief at how close and friendly they were with each other now . It just didn't add up to the years worth of fighting between the two of them that the whole world had witnessed. It was honestly too strange to witness .

Cherrie sighed loud and hard as she eyed James over the rim of her glass for a moment . Deciding just how much she wanted to indulge him in.

This whole friendship between her and Dave was still fresh and new . Still in the delicate lanes of stepping on glass that had already been broken from years worth of harsh words and animosity between them . But it was good and it felt real. It was something that Cherrie had a hard time explaining.