Shotgun blues

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Dave breathed out a small laugh as the bathroom door peeled back open , a miserable looking Cherrie clutching to the doorframe , face pale and drawn with the phone clutched in her left hand by her side

Dave breathed out a small laugh as the bathroom door peeled back open , a miserable looking Cherrie clutching to the doorframe , face pale and drawn with the phone clutched in her left hand by her side .

Hands reaching up to rub at her aching head, she shot the amused man on her bed an annoyed grimace , daring him to even say a word about her state.

Unfortunately for her Dave had never been one to take the hint and shut his mouth, so the little shit just had to go ahead and take her silence as a leading pause to annoy her some more. Apparently feeling no guilt over her obvious , painful hangover .

"Phone call with your dad go well?" He smirked knowingly .

Having spent the last twenty minutes amusedly listening to the sound of Cherrie being scolded , plenty of groaning and childlike apologies being mumbled down the phone as she tried to placate her worried father.

She let out another similar groan of misery , throwing the phone down onto the bed and roughly rubbing her hands over her face as though the simple action would help make her feel less like utter shit.

The guilty stone that weighed heavily in her stomach really didn't help the pounding , aching of her head or the anxious racing of her heart as she was reminded of her stupidity from the night before .

Unable to believe that she had stooped so low , in front of Dave of all people too. She wanted to smack herself until some common sense arrived back from wherever it had fucked off to recently . She seemed unable to do anything right anymore .

She had spent the last half an hour making half assed excuses to her father about why she hadn't been picking up the phone or why she hadn't even come down to see him like she usually would .

She had thought that she had been lying pretty well until her father had caught on and told her quite frankly they he didn't want to hear her ridiculous excuses over why she would abandon her family at a time when she needed them the most .

She hadn't been able to reply to that , instead letting a almost uncomfortable silence take over the phone until she muttered another faint excuse about someone needing her somewhere for something .