1. In Summer

2 months before...

"Put me down!" I yell, kicking the air.

But it's in vain. Zayn runs to the sea with me on his shoulder, causing people to stare our way. I don't know if they're surprised by his tattooed torso or just by the fact that he's carrying a girl on his shoulder as he runs into the water.

I hold my breath when he throws me over his head and emerge to the surface giving him a dead look.

"You're dead, Malik" I say swimming to him.

He quickly hides behind Liam.

"Save me!" he begs, swimming around his bandmate.

I roll my eyes and walk out of the sea.

"Why don't they do that to you?" I ask when I arrive to my towel, standing next to Harry.

"Hey, hey" he says waving at me, "Calm down" he chuckles; "Just be happy Louis isn't here anymore" he says.

The five boys came a week ago to spend some days in Spain. Louis left yesterday because he had a family vacation planned, and Zayn, Liam and Harry will leave tomorrow. Niall is staying a bit longer, just so we can celebrate our year anniversary together. Then he'll go with his cousins and friends to Los Angeles and I will join him there in August.

"Enjoying the holidays, Harold?" I say turning to him.

"Yes" someone answers from behind me, "this is definitely one of the highlights of One Direction's longest break"

"I wasn't talking to you, traitor" I jokingly snap at Liam as him and Zayn also lay down on their towels; "Where's Niall?" I ask looking up.

Without even opening his eyes, Harry points towards one direction and I spot a white body that stands out among tanned Spanish skins.

I stand up and walk to him.

"Hey" I greet bending over and kissing his cheek.

"Hey, princess" he smiles sliding his hands down my legs.

"Niall!" I exclaim when I feel the sand he had on them get stuck on my calfs, "Ew!"

"Don't be such a moaner and help me up" he says.

"What are you doing?" I ask kneeling next to him.

"Well, your sister and I were building a sandcastle with a little girl, but..." he looks around, "I don't know where they went"

I laugh and help him up.

"You should put some suncream on your shoulders" I say, "they're getting a bit sunburnt"