8. Don't Let Me Go

"All right...?" I say pulling a face, wondering what he could want now. Then I realize Natalie and Dan are staring at us with a weird face; "Oops, sorry, let me introduce you. Harry, this is Dan; you met him at the beach this summer. And you already knew Natalie"

"Hi, nice to see you again" Harry says shaking Dan's hand and smiling warmly at Natalie.

"And this is Ed" I introduce the singer, who also shakes my roommates' hands; "Hm... Would you like anything? Cup of tea? A beer? Please take a sit"

"Nah, we're fine" Harry says sitting on one of the chairs; "We've got a plan for you"

"Okay, what is it?"

"The Mousetrap" Ed says with a grin.

"What?"

"The Mousetrap" Ed repeats, "That's the play Valeria's doing at the St.Martin's Theatre"

"Ed wants to go and watch her before he leaves on tour" Harry explains, "And we were wondering if maybe Friday was a good day to go. I thought you might do something special for Niall on Saturday"

I gasp when Harry says that. Because I still haven't given Niall any present for his birthday.

"I should think about something, yeah. Mind helping me?" I ask with puppy eyes.

"Sure, we'll figure something out" Harry says with a smile; "So we're counting on you for Friday?"

"What time is the show?" I ask.

"19:30"

"I finish 19:00 at the hospital. How on Earth...?"

"Northern line from Warren Street to Leicester Square" Harry cuts me; "Six minute ride and three minute walk to the theatre"

"Worth the try" I say, "Let me bring my laptop and we can book the tickets. Let me call Niall as well in case he wants to come"

"Do any of you want to join us?" I hear Harry offering my roommates as I go to get my laptop and call Niall.

After two beeps, he finally picks up the phone.

"Hey babe, ya out yet?"

"Yeah, I finished at 19:00. Listen, do you want to go to the theatre on Friday? Val is staring in The Mousetrap at the St. Martin's"

"Uh..." I hear him hesitate, "Deo is leaving on Saturday so we wanted to go out on Friday before he goes back to Australia"

"All right" I smile, "Save Saturday for me, will you?"

"Of course, princess" and after exchanging a quick 'I love you' we both hang up.

"Niall's not coming" I say walking in the sitting room and turning on my laptop.

"All right" Ed answers, "Just the three of us then"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So... what are you planning on doing for Niall?" Harry asks as we exit a coffee shop the next day's morning.

"I don't really know" I confess, "I mean, I know Niall and I have a thousand ideas of things I could buy him; but you guys could buy everything you want. I don't want to give him something he could get himself. Do you know what I mean?"

Harry slurps his beverage and turns to me.