21. The Big Surprise

Almost an hour later, Lou and Lottie guide me back downstairs, and Basil can't help a "wow"

"If you say that, I'll want to open my eyes"

"But you won't" Lou reminds me, "Although I can assure you that you'll wow as well when you do"

I smile and we go out to the street and into the car again.

Minutes later the same process: the car stops, Basil helps me up a couple steps and Lou and Lottie take me up some stairs. Our steps echo through wherever we are. This time I hear a door closing behind me.

"All right, we're almost finished" Lottie informs me.

"Thank God" I say.

"But first you have to take off your clothes"

"WHAT?"

My voice resonates loudly. The room we are in is echoey as well. As if the ceiling was very high and the walls were made of stone. Where are we?

"Don't worry, it's just you and us in the room"

I start to undress and Lou makes me take off my bra as well.

"What is Niall planning?" I ask as they put a strapless one on.

"Final touches" Lou smiles helping me into a pair of shoes.

High-heels shoes, but not too high. Enough to be able to wear them for a whole day without noticing them.

"And now, the dress"

"Isn't it a bit stupid to put the shoes on first?" I ask.

But when Lottie helps me in the dress, I realize it must be a very puffy one because I can fit in it without struggling and I can't feel the skirt on my legs although I can feel it going all the way down to the floor.

"Final touches: the gloves and the earrings"

Gloves? Where on Earth are we going? This is making less sense than ever.

But I don't even have time to say anything because Lou walks me out of the room and down some corridors.

I hear a muffled sound coming from somewhere downstairs and finally Lou makes me stop.

"We're here" she says.

Here? Here where? Where am I? What is going on?

Before I can ask any of those questions, I hear Lou's voice again:

"You can open your eyes now"

I do as I'm told and after a couple of seconds of batting them I can finally see... Niall.

That's the first thing I see. On the other side of wherever we are, is Niall. But... not average Niall; Niall dressed in a white blouse, a blue suit with golden trimmings that reminds me a lot of...

I look down at myself and I can't help a gasp. I look back up to see Niall descending the staircase in front of me and waiting for me at the bottom of mine. Two staircases that meet in the middle a bigger staircase that goes down on my right. Even the place is like the movie.

And when a familiar tune starts playing, I have to fight back the tears to not ruin the makeup Lottie's been working so hard on.

Niall nods with a smirk, telling me to descend the stairs and I smile, taking the skirt with one hand. The yellow fabric is silky and light, making walking down the stairs a lot easier than it should be considering the big skirt I'm wearing.