11. You Are The Music In Me

"Wait here" I say stopping the engine and descending the car, "and don't take the bandage off" I warn him.

"Don't leave me alone!" he whines exaggeratedly.

I roll my eyes chuckling and close the door.

I am back a couple of minutes later with a giant grin Niall can't see.

"We're moving again?" Niall asks when I start the engine one more time.

"Sh" I hush him, and keep driving for two more minutes; "Off we go" I say taking his hand and guiding him out of the car.

I hand him a basket for him to carry and take the rest of the items myself.

"Where are we?" Niall asks whispering.

"Wait one sec and you'll see" I say opening the gate in front of me and closing it behind us once we've entered.

I turn to Niall and with a smile, I gently unfold him.

He squints his eyes trying to get used to the light, although the only light he has to get used to is the moonlight.

"Is,... Is this a golf course?" he asks, astonished.

I hold back a giggle and nod.

"One of the Grove Hotel's golf-courses"

"What the fudge?" he exclaims chuckling

"We're not allowed to play golf though" I quickly explain, "but they are allowing us to have a picnic"

Niall pulls a face.

"I know it's weird" I continue, "but I wanted to do something you had never done before and I thought..."

"It's perfect" he cuts me, "I mean it's weird but I love it"

A little smile appears on my face as Niall takes my hand and guides me through the grass until we pick a spot to put the blanket on.

"You came prepared for a full picnic" Niall laughs when he realizes he's carrying a huge basket and I have the blanket and the...; "Why do you have a guitar?" he says raising an eyebrow.

"It's..."

"You learnt how to play it?" he asks without even giving me time to explain myself.

"Yeah" I chuckle, looking down.

Niall knows my obsession with wanting to know how to play the guitar. After months of practicing and struggling not to tell him, I can play a couple of tunes quite decently.

We sit on the blanket and Niall takes the guitar off its case.

"Don't you want to have dinner first?" I ask as he hands me the instrument.