10. Broken Pieces

"I take back what I said when we left London" he says with a sad smile, "Things could have gone a lot better, to be honest"

"It's all right" I try to calm him, "I'll survive"

"I really hate the media sometimes" he scoffs.

"Yeah, well, it comes with the territory" I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Have you spoken to Willie?"

"Calm down, Liam" I chuckle; "Yes, I have. He said they have just parked the car and were heading towards the check-in desk"

Luckily, Niall's cousin is aware of the surprise and has been struggling to bite his tongue these past days. He was going to take Deo to the airport this morning and then spend the day in the city. Now Niall has decided to change the plan, we'll have to think of something else.

Liam enters the airport's parking and I almost jump out of the car while it's still going on.

"C'mon!" I say taking his hand and dragging him to the departures' hall.

I see some people turning around to look at us and I realize if I don't slow down, people are going to stare our way and that may cause someone to spot Liam. And Paddy is not around to save the day.

"Can you see them?" I say going on my tiptoes.

Liam chuckles looking down at me and goes on his tiptoes as well.

"There they are, by the metal detector" Liam exclaims and this time it's him who drags me along.

When we arrive at the gates, Deo is already on the other side and Willie and Niall are turning around to go back to the car.

"Payno!" Niall exclaims raising an eyebrow when he almost knocks down his bandmate; "What are you doing here?"

"Someone wanted to see you, mate" Liam answers and I step forward from behind him.

Niall's expression changes immediately and he starts walking away.

Willie looks at me and Liam pulls the most shocked face I've ever seen. I nod at Liam and he nods back, walking away with Willie.

"Niall!" I say running after him, "What is this about?" 

"You know exactly what this is about Victoria, don't make me say it out loud" Niall snaps with a thick accent.

"Is this because I hung out with Harry the other day without telling you?"

"Oh, so you do know what it is about" he answers with a tone.

"Niall, please..."

"I don't wanna talk about it, Vic, not now. I'm going home. I'll call you"

"I'm afraid I'm coming with you because Liam and Willie left" I say hiding a smile.

"What?"

Niall looks around to see how his cousin and bandmate are gone.

"Where the hell are they?" he says.

"They left, Niall" I repeat looking at him.

He sighs heavily running his hand through his hair.

"Fine, I'll take you home"

"Why?"

"What else are we going to do?"

"Go to your house? Have lunch? Spend some time together like we planned?" I answer.