35. Somewhere Only We Know

[A/N: All right, this is the last chapter of If You Let Me Know...

I have to say I'm really sad to put an end to the story, but at the same time I'm thankful I could write it through. This has become one of the things I am most proud of, and the characters I built (even if they were all based on real people) will be a part of me forever.

Thank you to everybody who read a chapter. To everybody who followed the story through. It means so much to me, you would not believe I have tears in my eyes while writing this.

This is the end of the story and of an amazing experience.

Thank you so much to everybody who shared it with me.

All the love, x.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tweets.

It's all been as simple and as complicated as that: tweets. Niall sent some tweets the week after I left that could be related to me somehow.

If it weren't for Natalie, I would have never found out. But when I start crying, rambling about how "Niall said he'd dropped hints to get me back but he actually didn't do anything," Natalie asks me if I have checked Niall's twitter at all.

And dated February, 21st, since the day I left Munich, seven tweets, one each day, dedicated to me.

"This is ridiculous" I say, "Why didn't he call? Why didn't he sent me any of these through a text?"

Natalie shrugs her shoulders.

"There's something else you should know as well" she adds with a serious face.

"What is it?" I ask, at this point, expecting the worst.

"He hadn't tweeted anything for about a week or so (which is very weird considering it's Niall), but he did yesterday, right after you came back from the concert"

"What was it? What did he tweet?"

Natalie searches for Niall's twitter. His latest tweet says: 'This is all I can picture you saying'. With it, there's a video. Natalie clicks on the link, a new tab opens and a simple piano chord start exits through the laptop's speaker.

I guess I'll start with sorry for playing in your games... But I'm not cut out for commitment and I'll make you feel ashamed...

"Oh, my God" Natalie breathes out.

"What?"

"I know this song. You know Dylan O'Brien? From Teen Wolf and the Maze Runner series?"

"Yeah" I nod.

"He's done a romantic film called 'Come Back, Be Here' that premiers this summer. This song was the background music of the trailer. The singer is about my age and her name is Natalie as well"

I smile at her, but I can't really think about anything else but Niall's tweet: "This is all I can picture you saying". I remain silent, taking the lyrics in.

Cause I move so fast and I burn so bright; but sooner or later you'll find yourself sleeping alone at night.

I sigh heavily, my eyes filled with tears. Does he really think this about me?