26. Call Me Irresponsible

Feedback is always very much appreciated! Please comment down your thoughts! Love, x

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I flutter my eyes open, letting them get used to the light that surrounds me. I turn around to find the other side of the bed empty and a note on the bedside table:

Basil is waiting for you in his room. I'll be sound checking at the stadium. Can't wait to see you, x. Niall

I smile. Niall has been letting me sleep until late recently. I don't know why I've been so tired, but truth is I've been waking up around ten for the past week and a half.

I get up and have to sit back down, the whole room spinning around when I stand. I wait a couple of seconds until the spinning stops and make my way to the bathroom.

I'm not hungry at all so after a quick shower, I change my clothes and walk to Basil's room. Together we exit the hotel towards the van Basil will be driving to the stadium.

Apparently it's an unusual warm day in Brussels and the streets are quite crowded.

"You okay?" Basil asks glancing at me.

"Yes, a little tired, that's all" I smile looking out the window.

We arrive to the stadium in a couple of minutes and once there, Basil and I make our way to the center stage where the boys have almost finished rehearsing.

Niall grins at me when he sees me walking to Piya, Lottie and Lou, and runs to where I am once the soundcheck is done, spinning me around.

"Someone's in a really good mood today" I giggle kissing him good morning.

"You'll see why" he answers with a cheeky smile.

"Niall!" I jump, "What did we say about surprises?"

"This is no surprise" he assures kissing my cheek and walking to the lunch tent.

The rest of the boys greet me with a smile as I sit next to them, and I can't help but notice the conspiratorial looks they're exchanging.

"Would you stop it?" I ask some minutes later.

They all turn to me with an innocent look.

"Stop what?" Liam asks taking a spoonful of pasta to his mouth.

"The staring and the creepy smiles as if you all knew something I don't" I answer, "It's freaking me out"

Zayn hides a giggle looking down, and Harry smiles looking away.

I roll my eyes and stare at my plate. I'm not hungry at all. It feels like my stomach has decided it's had enough and has closed himself.

"Does this have to do with the surprise?" I ask turning to Niall.

But he's not by my side.
He was here just a minute ago!

I hear a glass clinking and I turn to my left to find Niall on a dais a couple of feet further away.

"Could I have everyone's attention, please?" Niall asks clinking the glass one more time.

He signs me to join him up there and with a gentle push from Louis, I make my way to him.

"As you all know, this is Victoria. She was hired almost two years ago to become my girlfriend. But things got a little twisted and I fell in love with her: our fake relationship became the realest one I've ever had. We've been dating for a year and a half now, and I love her more and more everyday. I know you never thought you'd hear me talking like that" he chuckles to himself, "I was the boy that fooled around the corridors and bounced everywhere before a big show. The boy who was never rumored to be in a serious relationship: Carefree Niall, the Irish lad. And I still am. But I want to keep being him, with her by my side" he turns to me; "So..." he continues reaching to Mark who handles him a turquoise box with a white ribbon, "Victoria Gomez, this time properly done: will you marry me?"