Chapter 38

Recap: He looked at all the cigarettes in our hands and said sternly, ''All of you in my office right now.''

Well and that's when I knew that we were fucked.

Emilia pov

I knew that we were fucked and that Francesco definitely was going to kill us when he hears about that.

God, why am I always at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I thought maybe I could run, but now it was to late and it would only get me in more trouble.

To be honest I didn't even do anything I just held a cigarette but I didn't smoke one and that's what's not allowed.

Well but we were on the way to the principal office all together.

To be honest I felt kinda bad cause if I wasn't there maybe then they wouldn't have gotten caught, but of course I wasn't gonna tell that Luciano, cause I wasn't stupid I wasn't going to let him know that I felt bad or guilty.

''You all know that smoking is not allowed in this school and that this was unacceptable and I'm sorry but I will have to call your guardians. You're also gonna be suspended for the rest of the day and you will all be attending detention for a week.'' Mr. Lockwood the principal said as he mentioned us to sit down.

''Mr. Lockwood I wasn't going to smoke I swear. I never did it before and wasn't going to try it I swear.'' I said telling him the truth.

''I would be quiet lying will only get you in more trouble.'' This jerk of a principal said.

Fucking asshole.

I was about to yell at him but Luciano mentioned me to stop.

Mr. Lockwood went to call our guardians.

''It won't help if you yell at him he won't believe you anyway he is a jerk. Were you really not going to smoke?'' Luciano asked.

''Yeah I swear.'' I said quickly, I would never do it I mean it even smells disgusting.

''God, then why you steal one from me?'' he asked me seriously. I guess he thinks that it is my fault he got caught well it maybe is part of my fault but he shouldn't have smoked in the first place so it's his own fault.

And to be honest I didn't really know why I took it I guess I just wanted to provoke him but I wasn't going to tell him that cause then he would be pissed again.

''I don't really know and if that's going to the point to where you tell me that it is my fault then I have to say one thing. It isn't my fault cause you decided to smoke not me so it's your fault.'' I told him.

''But if you wouldn't have come and I wouldn't have had to argue with you I would have been away by the time Mr. Lockwood came.'' he said.

''But-'' I tried to say something but he interrupted me.

''You know what just leave it. Just tell Francesco that you weren't going to smoke maybe he'll let it slide then.'' he said. He kinda looked scared.

What was wrong with him.

''What is it?'' I asked and he sighed.

''This isn't the first time I got caught smoking. The last time Francesco caught me and he was beyond pissed cause he hates smoking cause it's unhealthy, unnecessary and only costs money. But his main reason is cause it's unhealthy. Even worse then smoking is talking drugs. I don't know what he is going to so if you do that but I definitely don't wanna find out. Well and last time he said that he never wants to see me with cigarettes again.'' he said.

Well now it makes sense. God if I was him I would have ran away and never came back. I can't what Francesco is going to do to him.

''I'm sorry'' I said, I mean he is sometimes annoying and sometimes I just want to kill him but he is still my brother and I don't like any of them getting in trouble. Let's just say I felt sorry for him.

And in such moments I always remember the day I was drunk where he and Dom put me in bed he held my hair back as I threw up and didn't tell anything to Francesco.

''It's okay I was stupid to think I could smoke behind his back.'' he said.

''We could lie to him.'' I said trying to find a way for us to get out of trouble.

''Oh no I made my experience with that and believe me he'll find out and when he does he'll eat us alive.'' Lu said okay well I guess we are going to have to tell him the truth.

''Ah and Emilia don't ever do that again understood? I never want to see you with a cigarette again.'' He said.

I know that he is only trying to protect me and I probably wouldn't do it anyway but it is my decision on doing it or not so if I wanna do it then I'm gonna do it.

I just said 'okay' to make him happy but also rolled my eyes.

''I'm serious Emilia it's not good.'' he said again this time a little more serious.

Why is he then still doing it then.

I got my phone out. There were plenty of messages from my friends asking where I was.

I sent them a text saying that I was suspended for today and tell them later why.

Lu texted our brothers too, cause they were waiting for him in the cafeteria.

Mr. Lockwood said that all of our guardians are on  their way to pick us up.

Luciano pov

God, I was scared. I knew that he probably won't be very pissed but therefore very disappointed and that's even worse. I hate to disappoint him I'd rather just have him cussing me out.

I know I shouldn't have smoked. I didn't do it often since he caught me but lately I've been in a very bad mood and it helped me calm down.

Today as Emilia took a cigarette out of my pack. I got so angry, cause I didn't want my baby sister to smoke cause I knew it was bad and that I was stupid starting doing it.

I just did it cause I thought it was cool but it's not I know that now and I also only do it when I'm stressed or in a really bad mood.

God, I got so angry seeing her with that cigarette.

And I think after today I'm going to try to quit smoking.

Emilia's pov

The parents of Luciano's friends were already here so we are here alone now.

And just then an angry Riccardo walked in and glared at the both of us.

To be continued...

Hope you liked it.

What do you think of this book, do you like it?