☆15

Here we go again
Enjoy :)

"What are you still doing here?" He asked, emphasising on the 'you'

Startled by the bitter tone, she spat out her food and looked up to the source only to see Donghyuck staring at her with a look of disgust on his face. His angry eyes pierced into hers sending shivers down her spine.

Did he think that she was some sort of peasant?

She abruptly stood up staring at him with an odd look but his expression remained the same as he leered at her. She came back to her senses, having no clue as to why she did that, before speaking in a rude tone.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"
Jihye was confident but she would be lying if she said she wasn't slightly intimidated by him. Her eyes averted his gaze only to quickly shoot back at him as he spoke.

"I don't know, trespassing maybe??"

"For your information, I happen to work here now. I'm the new m-maid here."

She used the same previous cover and she hated herself for coming up with something ridiculous, and barely believable. But luckily, no one suspected her up to this point.

Donghyuck eyed her for a moment.
"That's strange, I didn't know maids went snooping in other peoples businesses." He spat, voice laced with sarcasm.

"Like I said, it was a mistake. Besides, it's not like I don't have anything better to do than to go snooping in your damn business." She lied, firing back.

Donghyhck clenched his jaw in frustration, knuckles balling into fists and she could practically see the fumes emitting from him.

"Just stay out of my sight." He threatened and with that, he left.

Jihye let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. She knew that this was going to be hard as fuck but she had to try her best.

She didn't even know where to start. She figured that she had to find a way to get close enought to them so that they'll tell her all they know. But of course, it wasn't as simple as that.

Dohyun, who had whitenessed it all, gave Jihye a sympathetic look, to which she replied with a small smile before leaving the table and departing.

-

Jihye found herself, roaming around within the walls of the mansion, yet again, hoping to come across something useful. Or maybe because she didn't have anything else to do.

She wandered around, looking attentively at the details of her surroundings, from the expensive-looking ornaments placed neatly on shelves to the multicoloured abstract paintings that hung from various walls.

She stode through the vast halls, gawking at the modern sight until she finally reached a row of huge glass doors.

As she stepped outside, she was greeted by the most beautiful extensive garden.

Blooming flowers covered the fresh green grass while blossoming trees stood tall and elegant. The grey stone fountain that had a wide round base, was surrounded by a veriety of different plants on which were growing bright, new leaves. There were a few cobblestone paths that lead between the flowers, guiding the visitor towards a fairly large pond. The scenery was gorgeous.

Admiring the view in front of her, she spotted a figure, stood overlooking the pond, it's back facing her. She approached the person, curious to see who it was.

Hearing shuffling behind him, the boy turned around and she was met by Renjun, if she remembered correctly.

"Hey." He greeted with a slightly visible smirk, but she disregarded it.

"Hi." She stood beside him.
"What are you doing?"

"I come here a lot to think. It calms me." He smiled, staring at the crystal clear, water of the pond.

She nodded in understanding
"What are you thinking about?" She questioned.

"Just life I guess." He turned to her bearing a genuine smile which she saw for the first time. She furrowed her eyebrows for a moment.
That smile. She thought.

She was sure she had seen it somewhere before. She focused attentively on his features until she suddenly remembered something.

Without another word, she rushed to her room and pulled out the old dusty picture that she had found the other day. She scanned it, focusing on the boy.

Then it hit her. The boy in the picture was
Renjun.

 The boy in the picture wasRenjun

👀