☆29

Damn- sorry for the late updates. I haven't stopped all week- 😭

Letter in hand, Jihye's heartbeat sped up after reading the name: Na Jaemin

She was hopeful, praying that the old scruffy piece of paper held important information and relevant.

So she didn't waste another second before reading it.

    Dear Jaemin,

How are you? How have you been? Are you happy?

I know you hate me and you have every right to, but I just wanted to say that I'm so so sorry for everything,

I can't bare to imagine what you went through and I hate myself for it.

I'm sorry about what happened but just know that I did it for your own good, still, I know that's no excuse, but just know that there's a reason for it.

I wish I could turn back time and change what happened, but sadly I can't and I'll have to live with that.

I just wanted to let you know that despite everything, I love you with all my heart and I always will and I wish you all the best in life.

With love, your mother.

11 69 28 18

When she finished reading the letter, Jihye's eyes widened as she slowly processed every word.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she spotted the number at the bottom of the paper. Was it a phone number? Nonetheless, she knew this had something to do with Jihoon. But she needed to talk to Jaemin.

She was almost certain that he'd go ballistic and the incident with Renjun would repeat itself but she needed to show him.

She ran to his studio, praying he'd be there and to her delight, he was sitting in front of his computer working.

She knocked on the door asking permission to enter making Jaemin's head snap towards the door and his lips tugged up into a soft smile as his eyes fell upon her.

"Hey, Luna. What's up?" He gestured her to enter, which she did and approached him hesitantly.

"Jae, I need to show you something," Jihye took a deep breath before handing him the paper.

She attentively watched his facial expressions as he read the letter while she anticipated his reaction.

She was half expecting him to shout at her, but her assumptions were proven wrong when she saw the heartbreaking look on his face.

"W-where did you get this?"He was breathing heavily, visibly overwhelmed with what he'd just read.

"I found it under the floorboard in one of the rooms." She looked at him apologetically but his eyes were fixated on the paper.

And all of a sudden he dropped the letter and broke into tears making Jihye panic.

She had no idea what to do but to rush towards him and pull him into a tight hug.

She sat there, soothingly rubbing his back, while he sobbed onto her shoulder. It broke her heart to see him in such a state.

After a few minutes, he started to calm down, then he lifted his head and a look of horror and heartbreak appeared on his pale tear-stained face,

"W-why?" His voice was barely above a whisper.

"Jae, did you know about this?" He shook his head and Jihye hesitated before finally asking the long-awaited question.

"W-what happened?" She was extremely careful with her words to not upset, or worse, anger him.

"My parents... They never had a good relationship," he began.

"Since I was born, all I ever saw was them arguing and my fath- Jihoon physically abusing her," he breathed out shakily.

He didn't give a fuck that Isaw everything because he hated me as well, always treated me like shit and never gave two fucks about me,"

"My mother, on the other hand, loved me, or so I thought. She always treated me well and cared about me. It felt like she was the only person who did and who I could trust," he gulped.

"Until one day, she took off without a word- Never said goodbye, she just left me with that monster. That broke me, the only person I could trust left me like I meant nothing..."

"Only a few months later, I found out that she was dead. I never knew how she died," a few more tears ran down his face, making Jihye pull him into another hug.

"I'm so sorry Jae" Jihye was on the verge of tears listening to his past.

"It's fine, c-can you please leave? I just want to be alone right now." He sent a slight smile her way and she nodded, smiling at him sympathetically, before taking her leave.

She headed back to her room with an aching heart at what she had just heard. How could they do that to him?

She sat down for a moment, head in her hands as she reminisced on what he said.

This was a huge deal and she was finally getting somewhere.

Finally 🙄