☆33

Dw I'm still alive :)

"You piece of shit!" She groaned

"This fucking thing is rigged!" Jihye threw the device on the floor, huffing loudly.

"Well, someone's jolly today," said a sarcastic voice.

The girl turned her head only to glare at the amused pink-haired boy.

"Yes, now fuck off."

"Chill dude, I was only curious to see what you're doing that's got you so riled up," Renjun said leaning on the sofa.

"It's a card game," she grabbed the phone which she had angrily yeeted across the room and faced it towards him.

"Solitaire?"

"No, it's a different game,"

"Two players?"

"Yeah, me and Mar- one of my friends we um- used to play it," Jihye you idiot.

"Aren't you still friends?"

"I-it's complicated." The saddened look on her face signalled him to let it go.

"Hey, wanna play?" She quickly changed the topic she hated to talk about.

"Um-"

"Oh, come on" She looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Fuck it," He said taking a seat opposite her.

"So, how do you play?"

-

"Ha! Once again, victory is mine!"

"Beginners luck" She sulked.

"Beginners luck 5 times in a row- it's skill, face it, I'm better than you at this." He stuck his tongue out.

An hour had passed and they were still engrossed in their game.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes before chucking the phone, once again.

"Well, this was fun!"

"Only cause you won." He smiled proudly and Jihye couldn't hide the smile that crept onto her lips.

They were getting along- very well actually. It's like they just clicked. Sure they started on a rough patch but things were progressing.

She grew fond of him, turns out he wasn't the flirty dick she thought he was, well not to her anyway.

Suddenly, a wave of confidence washed over her and she decided to say something while it was still there.

"Can I ask you something?" He turned to her.

"Shoot" She was trying to find the right words.

"Who were the people in that photo?" His face dropped and she felt so guilty for asking but she needed to know.

Renjun sighed, knowing that he'd end up telling her eventually.

"The woman is- was my mother," he began.

"I had a pretty shit first few years of my life, I don't remember my father but all I know was that he was abusive and my mother took me and ran away from him," he gulped.

"After that, we moved in with my mother's family in China for about 15 years, until we came back and that's when she met Jihoon,"

"They started dating and eventually got married, I always hated that bastard but I decided to be happy for my mom- until she started to act strange,"

"She'd changed, she always looked sad and miserable and when I asked her about it, she just shoved me off. She barely paid any attention to me," he gulped.

"Then one day, Jihoon came to me, saying she had died in a car accident, which I found suspicious but I didn't have any evidence that said otherwise, nonetheless I was broken inside, distraught at the fact that I couldn't see her again." He was crying at this point and Jihye felt her eyes prickling with tears as she tried her best to comfort him.

"Why do you hate them? Jaemin and Donghyuck?" She was on a roll.

"I don't know- I just- their mothers had ties with Jihoon and I don't know- it just reminds me of my mom I guess." Jihye nodded in understanding.

"It's all fucked up anyway and I'd rather leave it how it is before it gets even more fucked up." She wrapped her arms around the shaking, vulnerable figure before her and rubbed his back soothingly, letting him cry on her shoulder.

They stayed like that for a while, no words were spoken, just in silence while he sobbed.

Damn this was deeper than she thought.

Girl is finally getting some answers 😮