☆21

Ok, but can we just talk about how amazing the new mv is!! I love it sshshhehdbd

She finally managed to drag him outside, much to his dismay after he struggled against her hold, attempting to pry her hand off his own, but eventually, he just gave up

They followed the uneven, slick cobblestone path around the beautiful gardens, admiring the scenery from the buds flowering on the trees to the daisies peeping through the fresh, green grass.

They admired their surroundings with fondness, well at least Jihye did. She swiftly glanced at Donghyuck who held an unreadable expression on his face and she had no idea what he was thinking about.

They continued wandering or more precisely, Jihye dragged him around until they arrived in front of the dry, concrete fountain.

Jihye closed her eyes for a moment, inhaling the fresh aroma of flowers while listening to the splashing of the crisp, clear water. It was so peaceful and it felt like an escape from reality.

The only thing she focused on was the calmness around her until she felt a light weight on her hand and that's when she remembered that they were still holding hands.

She quickly retracted her hand and a deep shade of pink flushed her cheeks making her quickly turn her head so that Donghyuck wouldn't notice.

Fortunately, he wasn't paying attention to her, instead, he was gazing at the fountain.

Jihye turned her head to look at him and she noticed how ethereal he looked. How his beautiful, monolid eyes were closed while he inhaled the fresh smell of nature and the way his fluffy light brown hair blew in the fresh breeze. She didn't realise how mesmerising he really was.

Her eyes then travelled to his soft, tinted lips that looked so kissable until his voice snapped her back to reality.

"Are you done staring?" Her cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink from embarrassment.

"Shut up, I wasn't staring"

"Mhm," she just glared at him.

An uncomfortable silence lingered amongst them and Jihye quickly thought about how to start a conversation.

"So.." She started.

"What do you do?" The boy remained silent and she assumed that he didn't understand.

"In life I mean, like do you study or work?" His expression remained the same and his eyes didn't avert from the fountain.

"Why are you asking?"

"I'm curious"

"Curiosity can kill you-"

"Just answer the damn question!" She demanded.

He tried his best to stay calm as he felt the frustration arising. He sighed

"I'm a singer"

"Wow really? A sudden idea popped into her head.

"You know you could sing one of Jaemin's songs since he's a songwriter." She knew what she was doing was very risky, but she had to try.

He gritted his teeth at the mention of his name and the visible anger in his eyes looked intimidating.

"I'd never sing or work with that fucker's songs." he spat, voice laced with poison.

"What's your problem with him? In fact, what's your problem with both of them?"

"None of your business." He spat.

"That's not the question" He groaned in frustration.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I don't get how you can hate each other that much" he didn't answer.

"Have you ever tried having a normal conversation with them without attacking each other?

"Are you always this annoying?"

"Are you always this rude?" She retorted.

"I'm only rude to annoying people."

"So you find everyone annoying then?"

"Yes"

"No but seriously, why do you hate each other?"

"We just do okay?!" He snapped before sighing.

Jihye nodded, deciding to let it go for now, seeing as he wasn't going to tell her anything yet. She just had to earn his trust.

She had hoped that angering him would make him talk but unfortunately, her plan failed and she didn't want to push him any further away from her.

No more questions were asked but unlike earlier, they stood in a surprisingly comfortable silence which was soon cut short when Donghyuck turned around, briefly glancing at her and quietly hummed as a way of saying goodbye then left.

As she watched his figure walk away, she started to think that maybe she misjudged him and perhaps he wasn't as bad as she thought.

Wow, Hyuck isn't screaming at her for once- 😳