Home sweet home

(y/n) pov

"Open the gate!!"

Rick shouted I was running beside him slightly in front while he screamed at whoever was on guard duty to open the gate.

"Open the gate!!!" I said joining Rick in increasing our chances of survival.

"Open the gate now!" Rick screamed once more I could see the gate by now and the figure of Deanna at the top of the catwalk. The gate was then opened by Michonne and Maggie with Tobin and Morgan standing behind them with their respective weapons out. I barged into a walker and lost my balance for a second but Rick pulled me up and guided me through the mosh pit of the undead man-eaters. We then both stumbled through the gate of Alexandria and sat with our backs to the leftmost wall panting heavily.

And I could see the fear-stricken face of the once Alexandria's leader.

Everyone in Alexandria is grouped on the side most packed with walkers everyone stares at you and Rick. "They got back here, half of them," rick says giving him the full attention of the group. "Still enough to surround us 20 deep. look I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. We're safe for now."

Everyone around me and rick is pacing or shaking their heads in disapproval. "The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced It just in case. Either way, the walls gonna hold together. Can you? The others they're gonna be back"

"They're gonna be back" rosita repeats Ricks's speech. I look to my left and see sit a look at me with an expression of hope.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others. And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after. They know what they are doing, and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. pull our blinds at night. even better keel the lights out. We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, and see if they move on.

"This place is a graveyard," says a short-haired woman to my right. Rick nods at her and is about to speak but gets interrupted by Aaron.

"The quarry broke open," Aaron says in a deep voice. "And those walkers were headed this way. All of them. The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening. he got half of them away".

There is a brief pause before Aaron continues. "I was out there recruiting with y/n. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and y/n wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted and we wound up in a trap set by those people and I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us... They found their way back because of me." Everyone shakes their heads in disbelief I just stare at the ground knowing I'm also responsible for the deaths of the residents here.

"There'll be more to talk about" rick comments to which everyone nods

"Deanna?" I look at Tobin then at Deanna who he previously mentioned was walking away from the group for some reason. "Deanna?!" Tobin said in a louder tone but she didn't stop she just calmly walks away from the group.

(time skip)

I watch the walkers down below me as they groan and hiss. I took guard duty for a little while just to ease my mind if you count constant moaning from walkers relaxing. "Hey!" I turned my head down and to the left and saw Rosita looking at me with a stern expression