No More. No Less

(Y/n pov)

I sharpen my knives against a grinding block as the people of Hilltop go about their business as usual. Rosita nudges my shoulder and I turn to look at her.

"What?" I say annoyed but she doesn't say anything and keeps smiling. "What."

"Nothing. It's just... You remind me of me and Marcus." Rosita adds smiling widely.

"Who the hell's Marcus?" I question.

"He was my boyfriend. Before." she motions with her hand.

"What's that got to do with me?" She looks somewhere else and you follow your gaze to Lizzie who was teaching the children of Hilltop.

"No. No. No. No." I denied it while Rosita clasps her hands together.

"Yeah sure. You just eye her everywhere you go 'cause you're her friend." Rosita says in a sarcastic tone.

"Yep," I say holstering my knife and begin getting up just for her to push me down with her arm.

"Listen. You need to at least talk to me about what base you're on."

"Base?" I Inquire.

"Yeah, base 1st 2nd 3rd 4th." I look at her still confused and shrug my shoulders. "Well have you kissed?"

I embarrassingly shake my head but she gives me the mom glare and I nod quickly. "Then it's first base. You've only kissed, right?"

"Yeah. Once, in the garage at Alexandria." She punches my shoulder playfully and nods her head.

"Nice. So what are you gonna do now?" I shrug my shoulders again before responding.

"Rosita I was locked in a closet for a couple of weeks and we are now facing a potential war with another community and you want to talk about my love life?" She shakes her head and leans back on the bench.

"Whatever dude, just trying to help." Lizzie suddenly turns around and gives you a little wave and you wave back happily causing Rosita to give you another mom glare.

I see Maggie and Enid turn around the corner and I get up and quickly walk towards my lent trailer in Hilltop. I put my hand on the handle and almost make it in before a loud bell rings and a guard shouts.

"The Saviours are coming!"

Enid rushes over to me and grabs my arm pulling me. "Come on we have to get Maggie!"

"Where is she?" Enif ignores my question and continues to lead me somewhere in Hilltop.

Eventually, we regroup with Maggie who is panicking and looking around herself frantically. "We'll never make it in time, come on!"

We run to the cellar just as the Saviours drive through the main gate with trucks and cars. "Stay down there. I'll keep them away. They aren't the same ones that came to Alexandria" Enid exclaims before closing the pale wood doors to the dark and damp cellar.

Maggie and I hide behind a bunch of crates stacked up leaving a gap in between which I can barely see through. My knives were drawn and I kept the pointed forward.

"Y/n." I hear Maggie whisper my name but I don't move my position for a while until I fall back into the shadows with Maggie.

For a while, there's nothing but silence. Until I hear the squeaking of the cellar doors open and a man heavily stepping down the wood steps.