Forgotten Faces

Y/n walked beside the carriage with Dog while the others relaxed in the carriage.

Kingdom's gate creaked as it fully opened, producing a view of the fair that was set up.

During all of this, the Kingdom had been setting up for the inter-community reunification fair which invited all the communities to trade and generally have fun.

Y/n, of course, wasn't let in on this fact and it showed on his surprised expression.

Connie's group was waiting for her who were also joined by Carol and Ezekiel.

Henry got out of the carriage as it stopped, and Carol instantly went to go hug her son.

"Don't ever run away like that again." She started to tear up slightly.

"Okay, I won't. I promise." Henry responded.

"And you." Carol pointed towards Y/n and smiled. "Come here."

Y/n embraced Carol, with her gaining an even wider smile if that were possible.

Hugs were shared and memories were made. Especially when Carol met Judith for the first time in 6 years.

Tara saw the group and joined them with a smile until she saw Lydia coming out of the carriage.

"You were supposed to bring Henry. Just Henry." She expressed her disconcerts. Y/n shook his head and had a crucial tone.

"Gather up the community leaders. We have a lot to talk about."

The group had gathered themselves into the dimly lit, theatre-like room which acted as Ezekiel's throne room in the past. Shiva's chains still lay below the stage as a memory to the Tiger.

Anyways, each respective leader gathered around a table with Henry, Judith and Lydia sitting in the theatre seats below the stage.

Y/n was sat parallel to the stage's drop, with one leg dangling off while the other was sat up to his chest.

"I know I haven't always seen eye to eye with everyone in this room," Michonne spoke her thoughts. "But I never stopped caring about any of you. I was just trying to protect my family and do right by my people. Alexandria's future is here. Together, with you."

The group acknowledged her more open nature as Gabriel began to take her place.

"I've taken an informal vote with the other council members at the fair, and we all agree. Alexandria is willing to grant asylum to Lydia. She's one of us now. We hope the rest of you can join us in doing the same."

Gabriel turned to Lydia who nodded and held Henry's hand.

"Thank you." She responded joyfully. "I'll do whatever I can to earn my keep. And pay you back-"

"If her mother retaliates it's gonna be against Hilltop, not Alexandria." Tara crossed her arms as Lizzie lightly nudged her to be a little less blunt. "I have to do right by my people. "I thought we were on the same page."

"We were," Michonne reassured. "And, look, when she came to my gates, I asked her to run away. And when she didn't, I was angry."

"Then you know why I'm not okay with this." Tara stepped forward, uncrossing her arms to rest them on the table.

"I do. I also know why Rick didn't trust me when I showed up at the gates of the prison. And how people didn't trust you after seeing you on the other side of the Governor's firing line. "