Euthanasia II

Y/n pov

Euthanasia is the practice of intentionally ending life to eliminate pain and suffering.

I brush the sleeping bag I had laid out so that it had no trickles in it. A man from Hilltop patted my back and muttered a 'thank you' before putting a child I assume to be his daughter in it.

Everyone had to move into the Hilltop Manor for safety reasons and sleeping bags were laid out from the front door to the upstairs balcony.

I glanced at Maggie who was holding a candle and coming down the stairs with Lizzie.

"Is everyone okay?" Maggie asked concerned to which I sigh.

"As they can be, sleeping on a hardwood floor." She gives me an apologetic look and looks at the people on the ground laying on their sleeping bags.

I wipe my eyes in tiredness and I can see them notice this. "Have you set up yours yet?" I shake my head at Lizzie's question.

"Nah. It's fine, I can sleep here." I sit down and lean against a nearby wall and put my knees near my chest with my arms leaning on them.

Maggie instantly gives me a scolding look. "You can't sleep there. I'll get you a bag-"

"Don't bother. It's fine, really." Maggie gives me an understanding look and so does Lizzie as they proceed down the rows of people as I rest my head against the wall.

Then silence. I slowly feel myself drift to sleep but right before it, I feel a coldness on my neck. I open my eyes, wide awake and look to see nothing.

Another damn feature of my Insomnia. At least I haven't had a panic attack in a while, actually last time I did I saw this place for the first time.

That feels like years ago. I close my eyes again ignoring my strain of thought, this time ignoring the feeling of coldness and eventually falling asleep.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

I open my eyes to the sounds of screaming and I see a man getting his face chewed off by a walker, not any walker, the walker of the man I helped with his sleeping bag last night.

I stand up and unholster my knives before jamming them into the man's skull. I look around and multiple people are fighting off walkers.

I can see Daryl, Rick, Michonne and Jesus leading people out and I move over to another walker killing it. I kill one after one after one and eventually, they're all dead and everyone got out of the manner.

Daryl and Rick move up to me as I talk. "The hell happened?"

"I don't know. Maybe walkers got in?" Rick looks just as confused as I am and Morgan appears through the front door joining our conversation.

"Maybe during the fight." I shake my head as I look at the man from before.

"These are our own people, though." My sentence was cut short when I heard more screaming coming from upstairs and I quickly run up there.

Carol, Maggie and Lizzie we're looking over Tobin's lifeless body and I look at them worried. "You alright?"

"Yeah just... He wasn't bit. But he turned." There's silence for a moment as I think about Lizzie's statement before it clicks in my head and I look at Rick.

"Negan's bat. It was covered in walker blood. At the time, I thought he just crossed some. But maybe..."

"They have us working for them again. Killin' our own." Maggie looked down in anger.