Christ and his place of birth

(y/n pov)

I slowly open my eyes to the beaming sunlight peering through the slightly open curtains. For the first time In a while, I sit up feeling refreshed from the sleep I finally managed to get. I look at my surroundings and realise I slept on the couch and that no noise was being made suggesting that Daryl had already gone out to scavenge for the day.

I stand up and get showered and go to make some breakfast when a harsh knock radiates on the front door. I turn the knob and see Carl minus his hat looking at me with a straight face. "Jesus is here," he said simply

"What?" I respond having no idea what he is talking about. Until it clicks. "Oh. Really?" I say as I grab my jacket and walk past carl with an annoyed expression.

I finally get to the big house and can see multiple people in the dining room through the windows. I slowly open the front door and close it joining the conversation which I guess had already begun. "I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time." Jesus said in a sombre tone. "But your provisions are low. How many people do you have? 54"

"More than that" Maggie says quickly. A silence fills the air before Jesus continues.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef"

"Yeah, she ain't here," I say coldly. Jesus turns so his whole body faces all of us with his blue eyes piercing ours.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side... The living side. You, Rick and Daryl, had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and all three of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. Your good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" glen responded in more of a demand rather than a question.

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge. We grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

"Tell us why we should believe you." Rick interrupts.

"I'll show you," Jesus said with confidence. "If we take a car I can take you back in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements. Do you mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie says with a confused face.

Jesus chuckles and leans back in his chair raising his head with a smile.

"Your world is about to get a whole lot bigger"

I try to hold onto my seat as the RV bumps up and down from the decayed roads and potholes. I slowly raise my head from its tilted position and sit up straight looking at Maggie laying her head on Glenn's shoulder while the man in question was having a conversation with a certain redhead, Abraham. I'm no eavesdropper but the mention of Bisquick and pancakes stuck in my memory.

before I could hear more, the squeal of the brakes emit and eventually, the RV comes to a complete stop. "What's going on rick?" I call out

"There's a crash up ahead. Looks like it just happened."

"That's one of ours!" Jesus quickly adds as he sprints out of the RV. I follow after him closely as does Rick preparing for another trick from the long-haired man. I hear the click of a gun before I hear Rick say.