Past, Present, future

I Stare in the distance assault rifle attached to my side and undrawn just resting above my hip. "10 days of extra guard duty... Fucking bullshit" I muttered to myself

"I'm sorry did you say something shitbird" Rosita exclaims tiredly. "Cause if you did I'd have to beat your sorry ass"

"Pleeeeeasse you wish you could beat me in a fight" I challenge knowing it'll aggravate her.

"Come on then, get down from that tower and show me then!" she shouts. But a loud beeping sound comes from her wrist indicating my shift is over. "Hmm, saved by the bell wise ass now go get some rest" I slide down the ladder for the tower with a smug grin on my face and a pep in my step as I leave the rifle leaning on the wall of the wooden tower and walk towards mine and Lizzie's house.

Over the last couple of days, Lizzie has been working around Alexandria doing odd jobs and meeting everyone which so far has been going pretty well, even if my brother almost shot an arrow through her cranium. Finally, I arrive at the house and collapse onto the couch with one arm and leg hanging off of it.

"Rough shift?" I hear Lizzie say even with the sound being muffled from my face being buried into the pillows. I just grunted in response not being able to respond properly on the couch. Eventually, I get up knowing I won't be able to sleep through the night. "Where are you going?" Liz asked as I walked toward the garage door.

"Need to go work on the bike, get it ready for another supply run," I say entering the garage. Liz follows me and sits on the work table that I didn't use. I grab a loose screw and begin screwing it in so the ignition handle could stay still.

"Hey so, I was thinking" I look at her but still work on my bike. "When you go on the next supply run I was hoping I can go with you" I stopped working for a moment but continue after.

"Ok. Sure," I say reluctantly. The point of me being on a supply run alone. Is that I alone? And me being the awkward self I am agreed to not go alone... Good job. After I answered her face seemed to light up before she jumped down from the work table and gets the door before she raises her voice a little.

"Great! Perfect, let me know when you're going out next" Liz adds before leaving the garage. I continue beating myself up while fixing the bike.

When I fitted the last part of the wire for the bike I put the key in and turned it to hear the engine Pur at the action of it being turned on. I clasped my hands together and smiled as wide as I could at 5 in the morning.

.............................................................................................

"Yeah Y/N you're a natural" I look over to see Merle congratulating me on fixing the brake line on his bike. "Hey, how'd you like to meet the boys at the clubhouse?" he exclaims. I think about it for a couple of seconds before answering.

"I'm sorry Merle but I don't think Dad will let me go, especially as I have school in a couple of hours," I say sheepishly.

"Hey, c'mon school shmool. I didn't go to school and look how well I turned out" Merle says waving his arms with a toothed smile. I considered it and figured Dad wouldn't be that mad mainly since I'm under Merle's care.

"Ok, I guess it can hurt to take one day off right?" I describe. As I do Merle grabs my shoulder and shakes it a little.

"That's the spirit little bro! Let's go introduce you."