Cause And Effect

(3rd pov)

"This is life here. Everyday." Ezekiel motions towards people practising at the archery range. "But it came at a cost. I wanted more of this. I wanted to expand. To create more places like this. Men and women lost their limbs. Children lost their parents because I sent them into a battle of the wasted when I did not need to."

"This is different-"

"No. It is not." Ezekiel interrupts Rick with a calm tone.

"Yes. It is. The dead don't rule us. The world doesn't look like this outside your walls. People don't have it as good, some people don't have it as good at all."

"I have to worry about my people," Ezekiel says sternly while Y/n steps forward.

"You call yourself a damn king. You sure as hell didn't act like one." Ezekiel takes an offended expression and walks forward to be face to face with Y/n.

"All of this... Came at a cost. It was lives l, arms, legs." Ezekiel points towards people who had been missing a limb but Y/n keeps eye contact with him. Ezekiel walks over to Rick.

"The peace we have with the Saviours is uneasy, but it is peace. I have to hold onto it. I have to try... Although the Kingdom cannot grant you the aid you desire, the King is sympathetic to your plight. I offer our friend Y/n asylum here for as long as he requires it. He will be safe here. The Saviours do not set foot in our walls."

"How long do you think that's gonna last?" Y/n walks off with an annoyed face as Ezekiel stays calm and gives a nod.

The group follow after Y/n as he walks toward the exit to The kingdom. "All right open it up we're gone." Y/n motions for the guard to open up the heavy Metal gates and he does making a loud creaking sound radiating from the concrete.

"You're not." Daryl puts a hand on your chest stopping you from leaving.

"I'm not staying here," Y/n moves Daryl's hand.

"You have to it's the smartest play. You know it is. Try to talk to Ezekiel. Or stare him into submission. Whatever it takes. We'll be back soon. I promise." You nod and stare at the ground acceptingly.

"I'll stay with you." Lizzie's voice comes from behind Daryl and she holds up a radio. "Plus I've got this. We can talk if there's any trouble." Daryl nodded his head before walking out of the kingdom. Leaving you and Lizzie on the other side of the gate.

(Y/n pov)

It's only been a day since the group left minus Lizzie but I'm already considering leaving.

I have been pacing at the gates all morning now. Morgan, Richard and a few of the other guards at the kingdom had gone to meet the Saviours for a drop-off.

Ultimately, They come through the gate except Morgan doesn't have his staff and has blood running down the side of his head.

"You went to see them right?" I say in a harsh tone.

"Yeah." Morgan simply responds.

"Part of your deal?" Morgan stays silent which makes me get closer. "What the hell's wrong with you? Your bleeding. They did that to you. You know what they are-"

"I do," Morgan says quietly. I back up a little.

"You know, if Carol were here, she saw all that... If she knew about Abraham and Glenn. She'd be leading us right to them, ready to kill them all."