Mask Of The Living Dead

"Who the hell would do this?" Yumiko asked her rhetorical question. We had now left the graveyard and the sky was bright once more. I had learned the new groups' names, the ones with us were, Yumiko and Magna but the ones back at Hilltop were called Luke, Connie and Kelly.

"Even think about doing this?" Magna responded with her question as Yumiko passed her the walker mask harshly.

"I suspect some vessel filled with a chunky salsa of abnormal impulses and metastasized rage," Eugene answered intelligently while he hopped along the grass with Michonne by his side giving him a hand due to his leg.

"It's full-on batshit," Magna replied looking at the mask while walking ahead.

"You think there's more?" Aaron asked me as we held Jesus's dead body with its head down in lifelessness.

"Yeah." I simply replied, more trying to focus on our surroundings than his question.

We made it to a small house which had the horses hitched to a picket fence. "What do we do now?" Yumiko asked.

"For now, we keep moving," Michonne ordered as Aaron and I put Jesus's body onto one of the horses and Michonne put Eugene on the other.

We unhitched the horses and slowed down to a walking pace now as we traversed the decrepit roads.

Michonne and I got a little ahead of the group and I looked back to observe the new members. Michonne seemed to catch on to my stare and answered my thoughts.

"Judith found them. Voucher for 'em. So do I."

"Alright," I simply say again which creates a long silence before Michonne breaks it.

"It's gonna mean a lot to them. Bringin' him back. Burying him."

"Sorry I couldn't do that for you." She looked at me with sad eyes and I did the same, we had both lost the people close to us, and we shared that much.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do it for both of us. Thank you. For trying to find him. And... For after." I rested a hand on her shoulder and she returned it with her hand on mine.

BARK BARK BARK

Dog suddenly started barking and I turned to where he was looking to see some walkers. "We got some tails," Magna called.

"The living kind or original recipe?" Eugene asked.

"Let's find out," I say confidently as I spot a small bridge over a stream. "Michonne goes around back, Everyone else stays out of sight until I signal. Good Dog."

They follow my command and I approach one of the entrances to the bridge and wait until they come across which sure enough they do.

I unstrap my crossbow and look at the walkers for a second, one has its head down so I shoot its knee but it did not react to it at all.

I load another arrow and look at the next walker which moved a little too straight and singularly, like a human. I shoot its inner thigh and a make voice screams in pain as the walker falls to the floor holding where I shot my arrow.

The other real walkers went to their knees as they went to eat the revealed man and I saw two other walkers who tried to silently walk away only to find Michonne at the other side of the bridge, Katana in hand.

"Now!" I shout and unsheathe one of my knives to get closer to the two imposters. One of them pulls out a machete from underneath its shirt and charges at Michonne.

Michonne sliced his hand making him drop it before piercing it through his neck. The other person, who looked like a woman in dark clothes, pulled out a knife from her sleeve and I moved closer to her cautiously.