Judgement Of Mistrusting Nature

(5 years and 8 months earlier)

............................................................................

Y/n trudged through the mud, moving past many walkers that lay with their heads split open near the river.

Michonne stabbed some that were alive with her katana. She made her way to the edge of the water where she picked up a glistening object.

She washed it in the muddy water and saw that it was a Colt Python. She held it to her heart and overview the river with a lungful look in her eyes.

Y/n cleared his throat which made his presence known to the woman.

"He ain't out here," Y/n informed her, slowly approaching as he did. "I followed this to the ocean and back. Nothing out there, either. You good?"

Michonne smiled as she felt her stomach where a noticeable pregnancy bump was formed.

"This one's been kicking the shit out of me every morning at 4:00. Can't sleep anyways, so." Y/n nodded. "Judith's been asking about you. It's been a while since we've seen you back at Alexandria."

"I'll be back," Y/n said sincerely. "When I find something."

"Plenty of reasons to come back. Finding something doesn't have to be one of them." Y/n looked down and twisted his foot in the mud.

"Looks like I'm gonna be the only one out here for a while." He pointed towards Michonne's baby bump.

"You don't need to do that." Michonne shook her head while running her stomach.

"Ain't gonna stop looking. Not ever." Y/n turned his back and started to make his way back to camp when Michonne's voice stopped him.

"You okay being alone?" Y/n sighed lightly as he turned his back head to give a weak nod.

"You?" He reflected her question back at her.

"I'm not." She patted her stomach. Y/n walked back into the woods and to his camp.

Henry quickly inhaled as the small metal needle pierced his skin. Lydia raised a comforting hand to rub his back.

Connie sat on the stairs to the infirmary, joined by Michonne who were both watching as Y/n washed the blood off of his nearly scabbed knuckles.

"So, what next? Straight to the Kingdom?" Michonne inquired as Y/n dunked his hands back into the bucket of water.

"Well, probably not straight, but, yeah... Carol should know." Y/n rubbed his hands together as Connie showed Michonne the words she wrote on her pad.

"This wasn't the plan but I'd do it all again... With different shoes." Michonne had a little chuckle at the last part.

Michonne stood up to go inside when Connie touched her shoulder. "Thank you. For everything." She mimed in ASL.

Michonne did a gentle smile before heading inside.

Some time passed before Henry could be let out of the infirmary. Y/n took this time to sit on a bridge that overlooked a pond in Alexandria.

Judith accompanied him. She had grown significantly over the last 6 years. She wore Rick's sheriff hat and wielded a mini katana as well as Rick's colt Python.

Y/n had his hands on his knees while Judith dangled hers off the edge of the bridge, her legs not long enough to touch the water below.

"Is Hilltop in danger?" Her voice was brittle and high-pitched.